• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Mods, I'm hoping I don't get in trouble for posting this, but it is too important to overlook.:rolleyes:

Trial and punishment for U.S. troops who burnt the Koran? Read Karzai's latest statement... after Obama "apologized." This has become a modern-day Viet-Nam. Read the below article... :xmad:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/karzai-s-response-obama-s-apology-put-us-troops-trial-and-punish-them

Folks, it's simple, NOW is the time to leave that cess-pool of humanity called Afghanistan. When is the American populace going to stand up and demand from our elected officials to stop the sacrifice of our loved-ones lives? Bring our troops home and put them to work securing our borders, among other things. Stop the incessant interventionalist policies that our country has continued to pursue worldwide. Spend the tax-payer dollars here at home upgrading outdated infrastructure and necessities, not in some foreign land.

I'll make it easy for you to contact your elected officials. Below are the links to find them and call/e-mail your demand. It's time for us to step away from the mindless entertainment and self-absorbance and take some responsibility for your privilege of being an American.:patriot:

http://www.senate.gov/reference/common/faq/How_to_contact_senators.htm

http://www.house.gov/

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    "we are commited to the rebuilding of Afghanistan."
    Read that in an article today.

On a side note, (not to defend the muslims) how would Christians here act if we had an occupying Muslim force, and they were burning bibles?

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Karzai would not be in power if not for us and he wants us to apologize!!?? Copies of the Bible (written in their local language)[FONT=times new roman,serif], were burned in Afghanistan, because proselytizing is a capital crime. No one apologized to us. Nor did we Americans go on a rage of killing and violence. A group of western doctors were slaughtered last year because they "might" have been [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,serif]proselytizing! No one said "sorry" to us. These people have a 7th century mentality and no amount of nation building is going to change that. They are not going to be brought into the 21st century no matter what. And that is why we need to pack things up and leave them alone.[/FONT]

The big difference between "us and them" as I see it is that we are able to agree to disagree, respect each other's differences and opinions, each other's right to worship difference religions, etc... It boils down to tolerance and understanding. They don't have it now, nor can anything we do instill it upon them. We simple can't change their ideology. Like I said in my original post, it's time to bring our loved-ones home. I think they deserve it!

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Karzai would not be in power if not for us and he wants us to apologize!!?? Copies of the Bible (written in their local language)[FONT=times new roman,serif], were burned in Afghanistan, because proselytizing is a capital crime. No one apologized to us. Nor did we Americans go on a rage of killing and violence. A group of western doctors were slaughtered last year because they "might" have been [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,serif]proselytizing! No one said "sorry" to us. These people have a 7th century mentality and no amount of nation building is going to change that. They are not going to be brought into the 21st century no matter what. And that is why we need to pack things up and leave them alone.[/FONT]

The big difference between "us and them" as I see it is that we are able to agree to disagree, respect each other's differences and opinions, each other's right to worship difference religions, etc... It boils down to tolerance and understanding. They don't have it now, nor can anything we do instill it upon them. We simple can't change their ideology. Like I said in my original post, it's time to bring our loved-ones home. I think they deserve it!

:+1:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    muslims killing people for burning books in the name of their "religion of peace".

I'm shocked... shocked I tell you!

rooster3654

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox County
    I have no feelings or opinions on the wars overseas. However I watch the news and wonder how the locals have so much time on there hands to protest?:dunno:Seems to me that they just need cable tv, iPods and jobs to buy them with and then they wouldn't have the time and energy to riot and protest.:twocents:
    :patriot:

my post reflects no organizations or affiliations I may have. :cool:

Tim1911

Marksman
    Rating - 87%
    20   3   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Karzai makes me sick. I was in Afghanistan when the US co-signed for him in the first democratic election in that barren wasteland. It was a slap in the face a few months back when he said he would back Pakistan if we were to go to war with them. Ridiculous.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Our government has a history of putting thugs in power there. The taliban ended up biting our country pretty hard. Warlord karzai will be no different.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Karzai does'nt have the stones to be a warlord. As soon as we pull out, he will be looting the treasury and bugging out before the Taliban get a hold of him.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Afghanistan and virtually every other country in the middle east has a tribal culture. E pluribus unum is not in their play book. While Obama's apology wasn't my favorite thing to hear, as long as we have people over there it's worth trying to calm the situation.

Bottom line, we cannot build a western style nation over there. Bin Laden's been dealt with (although in Pakistan - lol) so mission accomplished. Let the next country interested in there minerals, China perhaps, try to introduce civilization to them.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    "we are commited to the rebuilding of Afghanistan."
    Read that in an article today.

On a side note, (not to defend the muslims) how would Christians here act if we had an occupying Muslim force, and they were burning bibles?

Remember "Pissed Christ"? How many riots were there over that? Think about that and you'll have your answer.

Your real question was are Christians the same as Muslims. The answer is no, we are not.

Our government has a history of putting thugs in power there. The taliban ended up biting our country pretty hard. Warlord karzai will be no different.

Really? A history? Can you spell that history out in a paragraph or two? I was unaware we installed any thugs except the current one.

Anyone have thoughts as to why we need to stay there? IMO we should leave today.

No need. Bomb the hell out of them to impress them with our awesome power and bug out.

Afghanistan and virtually every other country in the middle east has a tribal culture. E pluribus unum is not in their play book. While Obama's apology wasn't my favorite thing to hear, as long as we have people over there it's worth trying to calm the situation.

Bottom line, we cannot build a [STRIKE]western style[/STRIKE] nation over there. Bin Laden's been dealt with (although in Pakistan - lol) so mission accomplished. Let the next country interested in there minerals, China perhaps, try to introduce civilization to them.

FTFY

We should not be in the nation building business. Our military should be in the nation destroying business.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Really? A history? Can you spell that history out in a paragraph or two? I was unaware we installed any thugs except the current one.

Who is Osama Bin Laden? | BBC News
    "...Bin Laden left Saudi Arabia in 1979 to fight against the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The Afghan jihad was backed with American dollars and had the blessing of the governments of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. He received security training from the CIA itself."

Who Is Osama Bin Laden? | Forbes
    "...[Osama bin Laden] received military and financial assistance from the intelligence services of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the United States."

Osama Bin Laden: Profile of a Terror Leader | ABC News
    "In the 1980s, bin Laden left his comfortable Saudi home for Afghanistan to participate in the Afghan jihad, or holy war, against the invading forces of the Soviet Union - a cause that, ironically, the United States funded, pouring $3 billion into the Afghan resistance via the CIA."

Resistance fighters learned jihad from U.S. textbooks
    "In the twilight of the Cold War, the United States spent millions of dollars to supply Afghan schoolchildren with textbooks filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings, part of covert attempts to spur resistance to the Soviet occupation. The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system's core curriculum. Even the Taliban used the American-produced books, though the radical movement scratched out human faces in keeping with its strict fundamentalist code."

reaganmeetstalibanwhitehouse.jpg

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Who is Osama Bin Laden? | BBC News
    "...Bin Laden left Saudi Arabia in 1979 to fight against the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The Afghan jihad was backed with American dollars and had the blessing of the governments of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. He received security training from the CIA itself."

Who Is Osama Bin Laden? | Forbes
    "...[Osama bin Laden] received military and financial assistance from the intelligence services of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the United States."

Osama Bin Laden: Profile of a Terror Leader | ABC News
    "In the 1980s, bin Laden left his comfortable Saudi home for Afghanistan to participate in the Afghan jihad, or holy war, against the invading forces of the Soviet Union - a cause that, ironically, the United States funded, pouring $3 billion into the Afghan resistance via the CIA."

Resistance fighters learned jihad from U.S. textbooks
    "In the twilight of the Cold War, the United States spent millions of dollars to supply Afghan schoolchildren with textbooks filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings, part of covert attempts to spur resistance to the Soviet occupation. The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system's core curriculum. Even the Taliban used the American-produced books, though the radical movement scratched out human faces in keeping with its strict fundamentalist code."

We funded "freedom fighters". Pictures of hajjis in the Oval with Reagan notwithstanding, How does that equate to putting thugs into power (BTW bin Laden was never "in power" in Afganistan, so I don't really know what it is you are trying to prove)?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Remember "Pissed Christ"? How many riots were there over that? Think about that and you'll have your answer.

Your real question was are Christians the same as Muslims. The answer is no, we are not.

Actually, i asked what my question was. I dont even need to look up "pissed christ" to know there was no occupying muslim force in a dominant Christian country, that created this photo.

If Bin Laden wasnt "in power" then why were we looking for him? Shouldnt we have been going after the person "in power.?" he obviously had some sort of power/control over others to be such a threat

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Actually, i asked what my question was. I dont even need to look up "pissed christ" to know there was no occupying muslim force in a dominant Christian country, that created this photo.

Then look at any of a number of Muslim-dominated countries (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Somolia, etc.) and you'll have the answer to your question.

If Bin Laden wasnt "in power" then why were we looking for him? Shouldnt we have been going after the person "in power.?" he obviously had some sort of power/control over others to be such a threat

Because bin Laden was a terrorist operating from Afganistan as his base of operations.

Do you really have such a weak grasp of world affairs or are you playing devil's advocate?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How does that equate to putting thugs into power (BTW bin Laden was never "in power" in Afganistan, so I don't really know what it is you are trying to prove)?

Al Qaeda was born in Afghanistan using American taxpayers' dollars.

The United States gave power to thugs. And it bit us in the ass. Just like the guy said.

Are you saying that al Qaeda has no power?

The CIA and al-Qaeda - HUMAN EVENTS
    Al Qaeda was initially formed in 1988, when the Soviet Union announced the humiliating withdrawal its forces from Afghanistan, whence it had invaded in 1979. The Saudi magnate, Osama bin Laden, and Abdullah Azzam, the charismatic Palestinian co-founder of Hamas, birthed al Qaeda from the Services Bureau (Mektab al-Khidmat) the pair had set up in the mid-1980s to promote the so-called “Arab Afghans”-- Muslims from around the world (but mostly from Arab nations) who flocked to Afghanistan to fight in the jihad.

Among Afghan tribal leaders, the closest ally of bin Laden and his burgeoning al Qaeda network was Gilbuddin Hekmatyar. This was of no small significance. Hekmatyar, an Islamic fundamentalist, was the most virulently anti-American of the Afghans and the one closest to the Pakistani Intelligence Service (ISI), which the CIA was using as its cut-out to support the mujahideen. He was also the top recipient of the CIA’s largesse, reeling in about 20% of the $3 billion-plus in funding and materiel the agency poured into the jihad. That support was matched dollar-for-dollar by our friends the Saudis, who dealt directly with the Arab Afghans and were bin Laden’s chief benefactor.

In short, the CIA helped create al Qaeda. It opened its checkbook but blindly relied on the ISI, which was (and is) rife with Sunni fundamentalist sympathizers. The agency’s effort, as AEI scholar Michael Ledeen has observed, lacked any “engagement and follow-through” with the jihadist networks being created -- taking no steps, even after the Soviets vacated, to dismantle them, penetrate them, “or at least remove the most dangerous weapons, like Stinger missiles.”

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    With the waning of the old Soviet Union we no longer have an enemy to fight against. How brilliant is it to fight a faceless, country-less enemy such as Al Qaeda?

Even if we helped create the organization...this is a thing of absolute beauty folks!

We help create and fund the organization, attribute all sorts of activities to the organization, use the very same organization to remove American citizens' liberties and then have to fight this very same organization overseas.

We justify building an internal security force because of Al Qaeda, put drones in civilian airspace, bug cell phone calls without warrants, turn citizens on one another with "see something, say something" and put networked video surveillance on urban street corners with facial recognition software to monitor movements...ALL In the name of fighting "terrorism."

Brilliant...

Top Bottom