• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][/FONT]Who Will It Be?

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Laurence M. Vance
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Another milestone will soon be reached in the war on terrorism. No, the Homeland Security threat level will not be lowered to green. No, regular tubes of toothpaste will not be allowed on airplanes. And no, U.S. troops will not be turning everything over to Iraqis and Afghans. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The milestone I am referring to is not a good one. There have been 43 U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan so far this year. This brings the total dead up to 990. But if last year is any indication, when 317 soldiers died, the 1,000th U.S. soldier will soon die in Afghanistan.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Who will it be? Who will be the 1,000th U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Will it be someone from your family? Will it be your father, your brother, your uncle, your grandfather, your nephew, or perhaps your husband? Will it be your mother, your sister, your aunt, your grandmother, your niece, or perhaps your wife? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Will it be someone you know? Will it be your friend, your neighbor, your classmate, your coworker, or just an acquaintance? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Will it be someone from your area? Will it be someone from your state, your county, your city, or maybe even your street?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]For those in the military, will it be someone serving with you? Will it be your corporal, your sergeant, lieutenant, your captain, or your colonel? Will it be someone in your squad or platoon? Will it be someone in your barracks or on your ship? Will it be you?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Who will it be? Who will be the 1,000th U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]These deaths are all so senseless. The 9/11 hijackers are all dead. None of them were Afghans. The terrorist attacks were primarily planned in apartments in the United States by individuals legally authorized to be in the county, not in terrorist training camps in Afghanistan. The United States supported the Muslim insurgents and Afghan militants when they were freedom-fighting Mujahideen fighting against the Soviet Union.(Thanks Charley W.) The president’s National Security Advisor, retired Marine Corps general James L. Jones, not only acknowledged that the al-Qaeda presence in Afghanistan was very diminished, but that "the maximum estimate is less than 100 operating in the country, no bases, no ability to launch attacks on either us or our allies." No American was ever harmed by anyone in Afghanistan until the U.S. military invaded and occupied that country.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Obama’s escalation of the war in Afghanistan is folly on a grand scale. This primitive country with a long history of ethnic, religious, and factional squabbling is known as the graveyard of empires. The British found this out the hard way, as did the Soviet Union. Why is America the great exception?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]According to the Congressional Research Service, the United States spends about $3.6 billion a month in Afghanistan – and that was as of last October when there were fewer U.S. troops in the country than there are now. The 30,000 additional troops that Obama wants to send to Afghanistan will cost another $30 billion. That’s another $2.5 billion a month. The Pentagon has acknowledged that it costs about $400 to get a gallon of fuel into the remote areas of Afghanistan to U.S. troops. The trucking and security companies hired by the United States to transport supplies to military bases in Afghanistan have paid hundreds of millions of dollars in protection money to the Taliban and other insurgent groups to keep from being attacked on the roads. Since the U.S. invasion and occupation of Afghanistan, the Army Corps of Engineers has spent more than $4.5 billion on construction projects, most of it building nearly 400 U.S. and coalition bases in that country.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]We don’t know who will be the 1,000th U.S. soldier to die in Afghanistan. But we do know it will be soon. And there are some other things we know about his upcoming death. We know that his death will be in vain and for a lie. We know he will not die to avenge 9/11. We know he will die, not as a hero, but as a dupe. We know he will not die to protect anyone from terrorists. We know he will not die for anyone’s freedoms. We know his death will be senseless, unnecessary, and preventable. We know his death will be a sacrifice for the furtherance of the U.S. global empire.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Who will it be?[/FONT]

This article will surely bring out you NeoCons and slam this...I expect it.

But the one thing I have heard over the past few weeks and as recently as this week is this...I'm not sure who said this, but if you must know, I'll do my best to find it, but I'm pretty sure you have heard this as well...

It has been said that once the top leaders of the Taliban and Al Qaeda are killed, that will disrupt and end the terrorist activity and training and that is what we are ultimately fighting for. I have also heard on the news that once one of the top leaders are killed, it will be a bit of time, but within a month or two, these positions are replaced with up and coming individuals eagerly willing to fill those positions and continue the fight.

I've asked this question before and it has never been directly answered...only been danced around by some crap answer about fighting terrorism.:rolleyes:
    What is the actual objective of us being over there and at what point can we bring our troops home?
    It is my belief that our government NEVER wants to end this military-industrial machine, as it lines the pockets of certain individuals and ensures political power for others.
    It bothers me deeply to see continued loss of life that would otherwise still be around today to be with their families.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I don't completely disagree with the progress that is being made over there on a humanitarian level. However you point is very well taken and agreed with. Well except the fact that someone who disagrees with you is automatically labeled "NEOCON" :rolleyes:

The wonderful thing about calling our enemy terrorist is that we have no clear objective to over take. We could destroy every living creature in Afghan, and Iraq, then we would find a reason to move on to the other territories.

I like anyone other human grieve the loss of any American Soldier, however I also am smart enough to realize that everyone one who signed the line knew what their future could hold, and I know that most of the younger generation have no problem chasing in and out careers with temping sign-on bonuses. I look at both sides of each coin.... I am way over calling our government leaders murders for the death of U.S. Troops, that's just ignorant.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I don't completely disagree with the progress that is being made over there on a humanitarian level. However you point is very well taken and agreed with. Well except the fact that someone who disagrees with you is automatically labeled "NEOCON" :rolleyes:

The wonderful thing about calling our enemy terrorist is that we have no clear objective to over take. We could destroy every living creature in Afghan, and Iraq, then we would find a reason to move on to the other territories.

I like anyone other human grieve the loss of any American Soldier, however I also am smart enough to realize that everyone one who signed the line knew what their future could hold, and I know that most of the younger generation have no problem chasing in and out careers with temping sign-on bonuses. I look at both sides of each coin.... I am way over calling our government leaders murders for the death of U.S. Troops, that's just ignorant.

Thanks for the reply, I tried to rep you, but my rep button is broken or something...everyone I try to rep, I get that annoying "must spread around" message. I understand your point about soldiers volunteering for service, but what they don't necessarily sign up for is to give their lives for something that ultimately isn't in the true defense of our country. My intentions were not to label everyone a NeoCon for disagreeing with the article...only to label the true NeoCons that support this continued unwarranted war.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the reply, I tried to rep you, but my rep button is broken or something...everyone I try to rep, I get that annoying "must spread around" message. I understand your point about soldiers volunteering for service, but what they don't necessarily sign up for is to give their lives for something that ultimately isn't in the true defense of our country. My intentions were not to label everyone a NeoCon for disagreeing with the article...only to label the true NeoCons that support this continued unwarranted war.

Agreed :+1:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    A quick story: back in the day England moved in a bunch of people to northern Ireland. They lived as Irishmen, were supported by the English and took over and overrun the common Irishman. Today, northern Ireland is still England friendly, favors English religion, music, people etc. They are counted, about 90% of a regular Irish born people; though, the real Irish of the southern territory still hold bitter feelings about the fraudulent folks from the north who curry favor with Britain still.
    It's been quiet for many years now though. Why? The Ulther Plantation peoples have lived in Ireland long enough that they have swayed the common folk of the south and worked enough political magic that everyone seems to 'fit'.
    England successully 'occupied' Ireland; and, is STILL converting it to this day. Control and power is the bottom line.

America, the UN, HAS to conquer through democracy if it will come to ultimate power one of these days; and, it will.
    The UN has been manipulating and working America as a dumb mule to get it's conquering done for it.

Now, this is just my two cents; but, Democracy has to succeed in Afghanistan for many reasons. The main reason, in my book; is to have another 'covert' occupied territory to manipulate and control.... power.

Who Will It Be?

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]by [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Laurence M. Vance
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Another milestone will soon be reached in the war on terrorism. No, the Homeland Security threat level will not be lowered to green. No, regular tubes of toothpaste will not be allowed on airplanes. And no, U.S. troops will not be turning everything over to Iraqis and Afghans. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]The milestone I am referring to is not a good one. There have been 43 U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan so far this year. This brings the total dead up to 990. But if last year is any indication, when 317 soldiers died, the 1,000th U.S. soldier will soon die in Afghanistan.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Will it be someone from your family? Will it be your father, your brother, your uncle, your grandfather, your nephew, or perhaps your husband? Will it be your mother, your sister, your aunt, your grandmother, your niece, or perhaps your wife? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Will it be someone you know? Will it be your friend, your neighbor, your classmate, your coworker, or just an acquaintance? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Will it be someone from your area? Will it be someone from your state, your county, your city, or maybe even your street?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]For those in the military, will it be someone serving with you? Will it be your corporal, your sergeant, lieutenant, your captain, or your colonel? Will it be someone in your squad or platoon? Will it be someone in your barracks or on your ship? Will it be you?[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]These deaths are all so senseless. The 9/11 hijackers are all dead. None of them were Afghans. The terrorist attacks were primarily planned in apartments in the United States by individuals legally authorized to be in the county, not in terrorist training camps in Afghanistan. The United States supported the Muslim insurgents and Afghan militants when they were freedom-fighting Mujahideen fighting against the Soviet Union.(Thanks Charley W.) The president’s National Security Advisor, retired Marine Corps general James L. Jones, not only acknowledged that the al-Qaeda presence in Afghanistan was very diminished, but that "the maximum estimate is less than 100 operating in the country, no bases, no ability to launch attacks on either us or our allies." No American was ever harmed by anyone in Afghanistan until the U.S. military invaded and occupied that country.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Obama’s escalation of the war in Afghanistan is folly on a grand scale. This primitive country with a long history of ethnic, religious, and factional squabbling is known as the graveyard of empires. The British found this out the hard way, as did the Soviet Union. Why is America the great exception?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]According to the Congressional Research Service, the United States spends about $3.6 billion a month in Afghanistan – and that was as of last October when there were fewer U.S. troops in the country than there are now. The 30,000 additional troops that Obama wants to send to Afghanistan will cost another $30 billion. That’s another $2.5 billion a month. The Pentagon has acknowledged that it costs about $400 to get a gallon of fuel into the remote areas of Afghanistan to U.S. troops. The trucking and security companies hired by the United States to transport supplies to military bases in Afghanistan have paid hundreds of millions of dollars in protection money to the Taliban and other insurgent groups to keep from being attacked on the roads. Since the U.S. invasion and occupation of Afghanistan, the Army Corps of Engineers has spent more than $4.5 billion on construction projects, most of it building nearly 400 U.S. and coalition bases in that country.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]We don’t know who will be the 1,000th U.S. soldier to die in Afghanistan. But we do know it will be soon. And there are some other things we know about his upcoming death. We know that his death will be in vain and for a lie. We know he will not die to avenge 9/11. We know he will die, not as a hero, but as a dupe. We know he will not die to protect anyone from terrorists. We know he will not die for anyone’s freedoms. We know his death will be senseless, unnecessary, and preventable. We know his death will be a sacrifice for the furtherance of the U.S. global empire.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Who will it be?[/FONT]

This article will surely bring out you NeoCons and slam this...I expect it.

But the one thing I have heard over the past few weeks and as recently as this week is this...I'm not sure who said this, but if you must know, I'll do my best to find it, but I'm pretty sure you have heard this as well...

It has been said that once the top leaders of the Taliban and Al Qaeda are killed, that will disrupt and end the terrorist activity and training and that is what we are ultimately fighting for. I have also heard on the news that once one of the top leaders are killed, it will be a bit of time, but within a month or two, these positions are replaced with up and coming individuals eagerly willing to fill those positions and continue the fight.

I've asked this question before and it has never been directly answered...only been danced around by some crap answer about fighting terrorism.:rolleyes:
    What is the actual objective of us being over there and at what point can we bring our troops home?
    It is my belief that our government NEVER wants to end this military-industrial machine, as it lines the pockets of certain individuals and ensures political power for others.
    It bothers me deeply to see continued loss of life that would otherwise still be around today to be with their families.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Well, I reckon I'll wear the label neocon, then. Cold hard facts are that the enemy brought the fight to our shores more than once, and had stated their intention to do so with increasing intensity. Now, they are fighting for their lives on their own soil. To claim that the Taliban had nothing to do with Osama bin Laden is an outright lie, to claim they had nothing to do with the attacks on us is another. Only the weak and stupid think that we could, or should, fight this war on our shores from a defensive stance, instead of on their shores responding to our offense.

Yeah, you can paste the label neocon on me if you want. I've got my own for those who write drivel like the piece quoted in the OP, who do their very best to lend encouragement to the enemy, and demoralize our soldiers. I call them terrorists, and traitors.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Joe got it right. If we don't fight them there, you will have suicide bombers and the like here. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. This truly is a long term fight. They have been fighting the western world since LONG before 9-11. Whoever wrote this is failing to put the pieces together. BTW our boys just scooped up the #2 man over there this past week. He was running the operations and guess what....he's singing like a canary.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    These deaths are all so senseless. The 9/11 hijackers are all dead. None of them were Afghans. The terrorist attacks were primarily planned in apartments in the United States by individuals legally authorized to be in the county, not in terrorist training camps in Afghanistan.

This statement is crap.
    If we used the measure, of the attackers themselves being dead as a reason, to not try to stop further attempts we might as well just bomb ourselves.
    These attacks were not planned in apartments in the U.S.
    Most of the hijackers never knew the real mission.
    This is simply inflammatory rhetoric designed to cause anger.

Heck we might as well quit brushing our teeth, they will just get dirty again.
    Maybe we can't finish this job... that doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Joe got it right. If we don't fight them there, you will have suicide bombers and the like here. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. This truly is a long term fight. They have been fighting the western world since LONG before 9-11. Whoever wrote this is failing to put the pieces together. BTW our boys just scooped up the #2 man over there this past week. He was running the operations and guess what....he's singing like a canary.

I hope you re-read what you wrote and then think about what that says...

You are surprised it hasn't happened yet? Does that mean you don't believe our efforts are doing much from keeping them from bringing "the fight" over to our mainland? What exactly do you mean?
    Since they have been fighting the western world since LONG before 9-11, and the US citizen deaths are FAR fewer than those lost actually fighting terrorism in the war over there, does the ends justify the means?
    You are right, we did scoop up the #2 man...how long before he is replaced? When will the fight be over...I have yet to get an answer...the only thing I have received so far is critique of the article itself. :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    You are surprised it hasn't happened yet? Does that mean you don't believe our efforts are doing much from keeping them from bringing "the fight" over to our mainland? What exactly do you mean?
    Since they have been fighting the western world since LONG before 9-11, and the US citizen deaths are FAR fewer than those lost actually fighting terrorism in the war over there, does the ends justify the means?
    You are right, we did scoop up the #2 man...how long before he is replaced? When will the fight be over...I have yet to get an answer...the only thing I have received so far is critique of the article itself. :dunno:

Yes I am surprised that they have not struck again in the US. Why you ask, because the security we have is completely worthless. It is reactive and not proactive. It is used more to strip freedom away from the Citizens of our Country more than to protect.

By fighting here we are pulling their assests and attention away from the US. We are forcing them to defend instead of being allowed to conduct offensive operations. Will it work yes this will work is it quick nope, just the opposite actually. You have set us on a patch that means we will be here for decades for success. Thank you...

You want this war ended quickly?!
    Surely you jest.
    The politicians and the American Society are not willing to pay the butchers bill for that. The Military can and would win this war in a matter of months. Instead you have people who have no idea how to nation build playing at it. We are soldiers and not politicians! We do what soldiers do and we do it the best in the World! We destroy sh*t, We break sh*t, and We kill sh*t! That is what soldiers do! We are the very last line of Diplomacy...

Possibly one reason are KIA/WIA rates are so high is the chockingly tight ROE we are forced to work with...
    Another one could be all the armchair generals that are playing at making Straytegic and Tactical decisions...

If you want to determine how I live and die come to the sharp end of the stick instead of sitting on the couch...

:twocents:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Yes I am surprised that they have not struck again in the US. Why you ask, because the security we have is completely worthless. It is reactive and not proactive. It is used more to strip freedom away from the Citizens of our Country more than to protect.

By fighting here we are pulling their assests and attention away from the US. We are forcing them to defend instead of being allowed to conduct offensive operations. Will it work yes this will work is it quick nope, just the opposite actually. You have set us on a patch that means we will be here for decades for success. Thank you...

You want this war ended quickly?!
    Surely you jest.
    The politicians and the American Society are not willing to pay the butchers bill for that. The Military can and would win this war in a matter of months. Instead you have people who have no idea how to nation build playing at it. We are soldiers and not politicians! We do what soldiers do and we do it the best in the World! We destroy sh*t, We break sh*t, and We kill sh*t! That is what soldiers do! We are the very last line of Diplomacy...

Possibly one reason are KIA/WIA rates are so high is the chockingly tight ROE we are forced to work with...
    Another one could be all the armchair generals that are playing at making Straytegic and Tactical decisions...

If you want to determine how I live and die come to the sharp end of the stick instead of sitting on the couch...

I'm having a hard time understanding your overall point. On the one hand, you say you don't want people second-guessing the war's conduct; on the other hand you don't like your ROE and state that soldiers are the wrong tool for the job if the job is diplomacy or nation-building. So are you for or against the war in general?

For the folks who support the concept of a "war on terror": If we wipe out all the sand people who even look at us cross-eyed, are you prepared to then go to Africa and work on the terrorists there? Because history tells us that as bad as it is operating in the Middle East, Africa would grind us to dust.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'm having a hard time understanding your overall point. On the one hand, you say you don't want people second-guessing the war's conduct; on the other hand you don't like your ROE and state that soldiers are the wrong tool for the job if the job is diplomacy or nation-building. So are you for or against the war in general?

For the folks who support the concept of a "war on terror": If we wipe out all the sand people who even look at us cross-eyed, are you prepared to then go to Africa and work on the terrorists there? Because history tells us that as bad as it is operating in the Middle East, Africa would grind us to dust.

Fletch I am neither for the war or against it. I am just a soldier.

Soldiers ARE the wrong tool to use to build nations, especially when you are doing it the exact same way of the Nation that we defeated here clandestinely...

Our current ROE has soldiers scared to engage the enemy, why because if you are even close to the line of what is allowed by ROE and what is not, you may end up with 5-10 years in Leavenworth. What is a good shoot in America for you as a civilian will have my tail in the stockade here...

If you want soldiers to defeat the enemy then let up on the leash. We know exactly what to do to defeat an enemy. We have hundreds of years of lessons learned on that.

Yes we are prepared to go to Africa and grind them to dust also...

The question to ask is are you as a society ready to pay the Butchers Bill for sending us to do what needs done...

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Fletch I am neither for the war or against it. I am just a soldier.

Soldiers ARE the wrong tool to use to build nations, especially when you are doing it the exact same way of the Nation that we defeated here clandestinely...

Our current ROE has soldiers scared to engage the enemy, why because if you are even close to the line of what is allowed by ROE and what is not, you may end up with 5-10 years in Leavenworth. What is a good shoot in America for you as a civilian will have my tail in the stockade here...

If you want soldiers to defeat the enemy then let up on the leash. We know exactly what to do to defeat an enemy. We have hundreds of years of lessons learned on that.

The question to ask is are you as a society ready to pay the Butchers Bill for sending us to do what needs done...

No one ever wants to pay the butchers bill. When I was there in the Ghan our ROE where pretty open ended and it saved many lives. Our command understood that we had a mission and wasn't about to leash us.

Back on topic.
    I think we should be there, but for totally different reasons. I think the war on terror is total BS. Just another means to an end. The Afghans did need to be liberated. I saw it first hand the way they lived and it was pretty ****ing horrible. At the same time it wasn't our place to "liberate" them. We should have left a while ago though. The US is propping up their econemy and it's becoming a cancer for us. I would say 3.6 BILLION is a bit low. For one small camp it was over 5 million a month and that was 5 years ago.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Soldiers ARE the wrong tool to use to build nations...

Completely agree. Not really interested in nation-building as a rule, but if I were, I don't think soldiers would be the way to do it.

And this is complete BS. If you've made the decision to engage an enemy, tying both hands behind your back and hoping you can defeat him with harsh language is pure stupidity. With you 100%.

I'll agree that you're prepared to try. Africa has seen centuries of intervention by western civilization, with some of the finest armed forces of the world, and is still a cesspool. I believe whole-heartedly that no good whatsoever can come from intervening in Africa with force, unless you are good with the idea of killing every single person on the continent. You talk of "butcher's bills", but the only level of force that could "succeed" in Africa is genocide, and that's something no one should seriously contemplate as a solution.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I'll agree that you're prepared to try. Africa has seen centuries of intervention by western civilization, with some of the finest armed forces of the world, and is still a cesspool. I believe whole-heartedly that no good whatsoever can come from intervening in Africa with force, unless you are good with the idea of killing every single person on the continent. You talk of "butcher's bills", but the only level of force that could "succeed" in Africa is genocide, and that's something no one should seriously contemplate as a solution.

Served in several African Nations at one time or another in my tours, Somalia was actually one of the tamer places...

Ask any Soldier or Marine, that has been there if they really have a problem with Genocide in Africa...

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Served in several African Nations at one time or another in my tours, Somalia was actually one of the tamer places...

Ask any Soldier or Marine, that has been there if they really have a problem with Genocide in Africa...

OK, I'm asking you.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    OK, I'm asking you.

Not a problem, if it was up to me I would have shot everything, and salted the Earth in Africa years ago.
    That is why I am a soldier and not a politician.
    Does that make me an evil person?!
    Or just a cynical individual?!
    Or a f*cking realist?!

We sink billions of dollars into that continent every year and what have we gotten out of the investment... We have gotten a welfare continent where evil deeds are committed daily with no hope of ever ending. :twocents:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Not a problem, if it was up to me I would have shot everything, and salted the Earth in Africa years ago.
    That is why I am a soldier and not a politician.
    Does that make me an evil person?!
    Or just a cynical individual?!
    Or a f*cking realist?!

I guess if the lefties are gonna call you "baby killer" anyway, you might as well earn the title...

We sink billions of dollars into that continent every year and what have we gotten out of the investment... We have gotten a welfare continent where evil deeds are committed daily with no hope of ever ending.

I have nowhere suggested that government-sponsored foreign aid is a viable alternative, because I don't believe it is. I also don't believe genocide is or should ever be a solution. Frankly, I find your easy acceptance of the idea rather disturbing... if there are as many soldiers willing to fire up the furnaces as you're alluding to, we've got some serious moral problems in our military.

Africa can be fixed, but doing so would take far more moral fortitude than simply nuking it from orbit or writing checks ad nauseam. Given that American politicians (and most of their constituents) fall basically into 2 camps, throw money at it vs. throw soldiers at it, that fortitude is almost certainly not forthcoming.

Top Bottom