• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I purchased this a couple of weeks ago and have put about 200 rounds through it. Overall I am very pleased. Now does anyone make aftermarket parts for this? Specifically trigger and holster. I would like a slightly shorter trigger pull and that would make this in my opinion perfect. Holsters for the FNP and FNX seem to be readily available, would the FNS fit in one of these? :dunno:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Not sure if the FNP/FNX line of holsters would work. Its a relativley new gun so the aftermarket will be a while off I think. Blade tech will likely have a holster first, if not Raven concealment or any of the members who mold kydex will be able to help you. I doubt the trigger will receive any attention anytime soon. I was very pleased with the triggers on the two I have handled, I doubt many will fault it, but talk to apex, you may not be alone. And since the pistol has a safety they may be willing to make you a trigger like some of the competition triggers they make for the M&P line.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    How is the recoil on the FN 9mm's vs M&P, or Glock? It has a high bore axis, does it not? I love the gun, even the trigger, but I hesitated to purchase because of how tall the slide was.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    Comparing the FN to the Glock 19 it feels more balanced and much less muzzle rise. I can more quickly regain my sight picture with the FN also..
    The aftermarket trigger on the Glock 19 was very short and light. I prefer it over the stock trigger of the FN.
    Keep in mind this is my opinion on these two 9mm.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    which aftermarket, I have stock triggers in my glocks, so that's my baseline of what I like. Everything else is better or worse from there.
    I do not know who made the trigger, it was in the G19 when I got it. But looking at it to a 40S&W glock I fired (g22 maybe?), it was half the pressure in pull and about 1/3 the regular reset. The recoil was enough to reset the trigger for me.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Besides the safety, everything else is the same as the FNX (minus the hammer and decocker/safety) found on the FNX. The FNP is slightly differnt though. So, I'm assuming holsters for the FNX should fit without issue.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The holster comes with OWB loops, but you can purchase additional options as well.

FN got everything right on the FNS but the trigger IMO, and for that reason alone I don't care for it. Also, the bore axis is slightly changed vs the FNX, due to it being higher on the FNS, I get "glock knuckle" from rubbing against the trigger guard and the trigger guard is so thin that removing material wouldn't make me feel comfortable.

FNX is a great DA/SA pistol though, good SA pull, now only if they would move the safety to the FNS' position.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I've came to the conclusion that the trigger needed a break in period. The first 200 rounds the take up had a good bit of resistance to it. Now that I've had close to 500 though the take up in the trigger is much much more compliant.
    What iwb loops would suit me? Plan to carry at 3 o'clock give or take and I'm a bigger guy (40-42) waist.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I had 2 FNXs, so I tried the FNS as I really only shoot striker fired guns anymore. I put well over 500 rounds through it in a month, with a good amount of dry fire. While it did get a little better, it wasn't worth it for me to keep when I spend so much time with glocks and walthers, YMMV. I have heard that there have been a lot of variance in triggers between each gun, so there could be some fairly decent triggers out there, idk.

For IWB, I like the tuckable J-Hooks:
    IWB Eclipse Modular Accessories

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I have dry firied two that had great triggers, even compared to my G34/35, i guess when I go to get one I need to dry fire it first. Good to know.

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    Just so I understand the products, I would need to buy a holster and a mounting method?

From the Phantom Product Description:

Phantoms come ready for use as an OWB belt-mounted holster with 1.5" belt loops, and through use of the Eclipse accessories, can be converted to any type of OWB or IWB.

Top Bottom