• How old are you?

• Total voters

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Based on current numbers, it is interesting to see how much variability there is in the age groups, but I'm not seeing much correlation between older/younger and OC/CC:

AgeCC #CC %OC #OC %
    21-304865.82534.2
    31-405072.51927.5
    41-503966.12033.9
    51-604981.71118.3
    61+1164.7635.3
    Overall19770.98129.1

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    I can believe that as you age and gain life experience (become jaded and worn down) perhaps a slightly higher percentage of carriers would be more inclined to think that O.C. is not worth the higher risk of being hastled. Also, the older carriers have had more time to learn ways to comfortably carry concealed. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

skippy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I voted concealed, but there are times I would be willing to openly carry if I had a gun that wouldn't be so embarrassing for open carry. A Ruger LCP is hardly worthy of display as it "Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it."

Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    I was just wondering how many of you guys that cc would oc if it didn't upset the public. I just started to oc and I have had several positive encounters. Within a short time period. I would not have these encounters if I was cc. I would think this would be a positive reinforcement for us as a community. I guess it may have to do with demographics. I live outside of the Geist area about seven miles from Indiana gun club. I was really nervous at first esp in this uppity area. I would like a poll to see where oc and cc live. Just general areas i think location has a big do with this. If this has been asked before please disregard

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I always OC but now that it is getting cooler it sometimes seems to be concealed, until I take off my coat and throw it in the cart.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    OC 99.5% of the time. Sometimes a jacket covers it. Sometimes my shirt accidentally drapes over it. Otherwise, it's there. No shame here!;)

gberry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Zionsville
    "^^^Yeah probably....why stop. I'd carry my glock on my drop holster if i thought it didnt look silly."

There's nothing silly about that look! Haha. I actually would love to carry that way, but my better half refuses to let me out in public like that.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I voted concealed, but there are times I would be willing to openly carry if I had a gun that wouldn't be so embarrassing for open carry. A Ruger LCP is hardly worthy of display as it "Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it."

Skippy. Welcome to Indiana Gunowners.
    I carry an empty belt holster around in my
    truck in case I want to carry my P3AT openly.
    Doesn't happen often.

Thanks

Mark

Top Bottom