• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Is there an age restriction for members on the forum? Checked the faq and searched to no avail. My 11 year old is showing interest and would like to become active in the shooting and online communities But when I tried to sign him up it asked for birthdate and then said he can't register.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Is there an age restriction for members on the forum? Checked the faq and searched to no avail. My 11 year old is showing interest and would like to become active in the shooting and online communities But when I tried to sign him up it asked for birthdate and then said he can't register.

Default on most online social media is 13.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is there some joke of a law about this..? I was thinking there was

Yes. Feds determined online age of consent (as for tracking, use of info, etc) was 13.

As tame as this place is, I'm not sure 11 is appropriate for some of the discussions here. (then again, its not my 11YO wanting to sign up. YMMV)

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    That's kinda what I was looking to find out in here. If it's a big deal, he will just read. If it's not a big deal, I will fudge his age by two years and let him sign up. I just don't want to upset anybody or break any rules.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's kinda what I was looking to find out in here. If it's a big deal, he will just read. If it's not a big deal, I will fudge his age by two years and let him sign up. I just don't want to upset anybody or break any rules.

I'm not even sure I used my real birth date to sign in. :dunno:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    From the Forum Rules;
    1) INGunOwners.com is viewed by thousands of people a day (not all of them gun owners or even gun friendly) As a public board we must make a good impression to those who view our community and represent Hoosier Gun Owners in the best possible light. INGO is a family friendly site and material posted must remain G-rated. Spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks will not be tolerated.

2) Language that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers is unwelcome here. Posts which are indecipherable due to the inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation.

It is up to the parent if they allow their child to register as a member. Much like firearms usage, INGO doesn't have an age requirement out there. It's entirely on the maturity level of the child, to be determined by the parent.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    From the Forum Rules;

It is up to the parent if they allow their child to register as a member. Much like firearms usage, INGO doesn't have an age requirement out there. It's entirely on the maturity level of the child, to be determined by the parent.

Huh!
    When did we get rules?

Next you'll tell me we have a FAQ....:laugh:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    From the Forum Rules;

Wait a minute... Maturity?... Oh, ok... "Of the child"! Gotcha!
    if we all had to be mature, most of would be gone!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    From the Forum Rules;

Wait a minute, the parent has a say in what their childrens activities? Why! That's just un-American.

Top Bottom