• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I can honestly say I have never been in a gun shop I liked or have done business with. Once in awhile I will stop in one and leave laughing.

Sorry to hear that brother...My shop is more of a club house or as BBI calls it, "A museum that sells guns in the gift shop..." If you are ever down south stop in for a visit....I really don't try to sell them but every now and again one gets sold....

We are just humans trying to make a go of something fun....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sorry to hear that brother...My shop is more of a club house or as BBI calls it, "A museum that sells guns in the gift shop..." If you are ever down south stop in for a visit....I really don't try to sell them but every now and again one gets sold....

We are just humans trying to make a go of something fun....

f7FdEdG.jpg

thomasred5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 15, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I remember in Nov 2007 when 30 rd mags were more than a barrel of oil (exaggeration). Certain retailers were hiking the prices and fear mongering folks (Obama's favorite word) into buying them. I don't do business with certain stores anymore.
    Was out and about stopped in at a pawn shop slash gun store. Their prices were off the hook $899.00 for the Ruger 9mm 1911, $800.00 for a Sig 238.

Seemed like they marked everything up a minimum of $50.00.

Profit is not a dirty word but my gosh how do they expect to sell anything at prices like that.

Seems to me prices should not have soared with election going the way it did.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Some fool at the gun show last weekend was trying their hardest to gouge used beat up USGI ar mags for $30 a pop. While down the street the Spanish guy was only charging $20 for HK 416 mags.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Usually the first thing I do when going into an LGS I've never been to is check the prices on their Glocks. Not because I'm shopping for another one, but it will tell me if it is worth looking around for anything else. If a Gen 4 is above $550 I'm probably just going to walk out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Usually the first thing I do when going into an LGS I've never been to is check the prices on their Glocks. Not because I'm shopping for another one, but it will tell me if it is worth looking around for anything else. If a Gen 4 is above $550 I'm probably just going to walk out.

I don't know. You might miss out on a deal on something else. Also, maybe the shop pushes another brand and generally discounts them more than they do Glocks.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't know. You might miss out on a deal on something else. Also, maybe the shop pushes another brand and generally discounts them more than they do Glocks.

This. I made out like a bandit on a Stoeger OU at a big box store that typically has outrageous prices.

I went in for a Mossberg auto in blued, but all they had were camo. I spotted the OU price and it was game over. (I spent my savings on other toys)

Last edited:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Several years ago I stopped at a Pawn Shop in Lafayette to look around, mostly at firearms. Just so happened the owner was in the shop at the time. After perusing the selection (they did have a lot of guns), I spoke to the owner politely saying most of the prices were above retail cost for a new gun of the same model. He had a sad look and agreed, telling me he had a person that worked for him for a while that thought every firearm was worth its weight in gold. He stated he knew he was going to loose a lot of money before he sold the inventory the man had purchased and that he would do some dealing but doubted he could be very competitive on the prices. Felt a little sorry for him and probably he did sell some very overpriced guns to unknowing buyers. Obviously I neither purchased any nor returned to see if he had lowered the prices to something reasonable.

I did purchase a Mauser from one of the existing Pawn shops in Lafayette about 3 ~ 5 years ago at a decent price. I'm sure the prices in Pawn shops reflect the persons purchasing or loaning money on them, if they know what they are doing they can sell them at a profit for a reasonable price.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'll agree that I generally gauge a store's prices by what they sell Glocks for. If a Gen. 4 17,19,26 etc. is more than $539, they are overpriced. I'll look at everything they have, but when a standard Glock is $600, you've got problems. I've had people tell me they were on sal for more than I can get them any day at my old LGS.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Simple solution: Do not go to that store ever again as it would seem they are arrogant price gougers! There are plenty of other LGC stores available.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I'm looking at possibly getting a new toy for Christmas, so I'm looking at some prices online. There is a LGS that has a site with prices on it that was normally decent priced. Looking at it this morning and the prices seem to be running about $200-$300 above anyone else online, even Gander Mountain. It has the disclaimer that online prices do not reflect in store, but after looking at their site online, what would make me want to go in there? I've been in before and bought a gun from them because it was a decent price. I don't know if it has something to do with Berlin or the electoral vote, but this is ridiculous. Here's just a few examples

Shield 9mm--$680
    Glock 19--$880-$950
    SW 642--$704
    Hi-Point C9--$330

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I went by last night at 5, and all the lights were off. 2 months ago they had maybe 15 rifles and 10 pistols in the store. It was barren. Hopefully the are able to right the ship and get back on track as it is a nice shop.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Picked up a used O/U there several months ago and likely overpaid for it (kind of an unresearched impulse buy). Their "new" prices seemed a bit over the top.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Things must have changed since I've been in there few months ago, rumors they were having issues. Maybe a symptom?

Could be. I used to go in there and get something whenever the lady and I were having Greek next door. The last couple times I never got a greeting. Maybe the staff changed or ownership, who knows. It sucks whenever a local goes out.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I went by last night at 5, and all the lights were off. 2 months ago they had maybe 15 rifles and 10 pistols in the store. It was barren. Hopefully the are able to right the ship and get back on track as it is a nice shop.
    I think they are closed on Mondays.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never bought a firearm at a pawn shop, but I have bought tools, guitars and amplifiers. I have never paid the posted price. I simply say what price I am willing to pay, cash on the table right now. They act like I am stealing lunch money from their kids. I just tell them my price was all I can afford. When I thank them anyway, and act like I am disappointed, I seldom make it to the door. They often say something about double checking, the boss is is a good mood (or on vacation, etc.) Many times I end up with a fair price. Sometimes I leave without making a purchase, but it is not like something I HAVE to buy. 20% comes off pretty regular, over 25% is rare.

Top Bottom