• AI, Great Friend or Dangerous Foe?

• Total voters

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    You'd be surprised at how much code AI can write. Still takes someone to review it a bit, but classic programming with some of these features being enabled in Github and elsewhere, I'd venture to say AI can do a large bit of programming, and given enough data reviewed, yeah even legacy languages.

Try asking chatgpt to write some code and given the right specific prompts it may surprise you (and that's not the most powerful out there and you can train specific models with other AI systems with more specific and up to date data sets). That said, it won't be perfect code yet, but definitely will be a good starting point.
    That’s the next skillset really.

Learning how to create the correct prompts to get to the end result.

Learning how to operate the technology is where we stay ahead of the curve.

Though I don’t see how AI and robots don’t replace all the low paying jobs.

Nobody likes kiosks to order their food at McDonalds.

Imagine speaking to the computer and it understanding you perfectly and placing your order correctly 100% of the time and the robot making it perfect every time.

You gotta start implementing this stuff in your business/life ahead of your competitors/peers.

There are inexpensive courses and masterminds that will teach you how to operate and master chatgpt prompts.

I’d look into them.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Neither approach: sticking head in sand or jousting at windmills or yelling the sky is falling is going to be the correct approach here.

Educating, staying informed and influencing will be the way to go on this.
    What is anyone doing that is jousting at windmills? The very use of the phrase implies it is imaginary. It most definitely is not. That Musk is concerned is not enough of a wake up call? That Stephen Hawking is concerned about what we do in space, is that a real concern? That we all know our virologists are playing gain of function with deadly viruses is that a concern?

Just trying to understand what you believe is real and what is imaginary?

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    A little over twenty years ago I was using a phone that was two inches thick that talked 30 minutes and the plan was about 30 minutes of talk time. For over ten I have had a phone that is a full on computer in my pocket.

A lot of these posts seem like they are afraid to even discuss what is happening…
    The phones becoming smaller and more advanced is an example of Moore's Law, however even Moore's Law eventually is constrained by the laws of physics. AMD processors are currently on the 7 nanometer transistor stage, meaning each transistor in the CPU/GPU die is only 7 nanometers big. That's almost 700 times larger than a hydrogen atom, so they still some room for improvement when it comes to conventional binary silicon based transistors. Quantum computing is a completely different beast, though, and is probably where a lot of the problems would originate (enemy states hacking security systems, skynet becoming self aware, companies gaining access to your private information, etc.).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nobody likes kiosks to order their food at McDonalds.
    I do! I can put in any special instructions I want without the pimple-faced kid (or octagenarian) behind the register give me a blank look and then fumble around trying to figure out how to ring it up before finally calling for a manager to have them do it. I use kiosks whenever I can.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    AI is the personal computer of 40 years ago, internet of 30 years ago, the smartphone of 20 years ago. The social media of 10 years ago...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I do! I can put in any special instructions I want without the pimple-faced kid (or octagenarian) behind the register give me a blank look and then fumble around trying to figure out how to ring it up before finally calling for a manager to have them do it. I use kiosks whenever I can.
    Not only that but they won't spit on your burger, you're anonymous

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This getting out if hand. “Digital god”?

“The CEO of Twitter continued and said Page noticeably did not take heed to his warning about AI safety but instead called him a speciesist.”

“Musk also shared with Tucker that Google’s end game is to a “create digital super intelligence” or in other words a “digital god.”

Don't believe Musk? See this interview @DadSmith posted and read what they are saying.

“…breakthroughs in artificial intelligence -- machines that can teach themselves superhuman skills. We explored what's coming next at Google, a leader in this new world. CEO Sundar Pichai told us AI will be as good or as evil as human nature allows. The revolution, he says, is coming faster than you know.”

Human nature has the capacity for great good and great evil and that’s how I see AI. It’s not all bad. It can be quite good. But its capacity for bad outweighs its usefulness.

I think human’s capacity to make it far predates our ability to make it good.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    AI is the personal computer of 40 years ago, internet of 30 years ago, the smartphone of 20 years ago. The social media of 10 years ago...
    Worse. Computers, internet, smartphones didn’t evolve on their own. They advanced at the pace of human capacity. That capacity includes AI. But AI can improve upon itself far faster than humans can adapt to it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Plumbers, electricians, auto mechanics, construction... at least not right now. Computer programming? Probably not, especially with legacy languages like COBOL, at least not without human interaction.

Nah. AI would look at COBAL and say, **** it. I’m rewriting all this **** in Scala and python. And be done in 37 seconds. Then relax and have a smoke in the afterglow as the code compiles. Eh, would probability code in machine language. Higher level languages are created to help programmers write code with something they can understand. AI would not have that issue.

AI can write code now. Ask chatGPT to write an algorithm to traverse a tree structure with no worse time complexity than O(log n). No problem. Ask it to write a whole banking system and it’s not gonna do that. Yet.

AI gets more capable of writing code. Eventually it will surpass humans. Eventuality it will be able to evolve its own code.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    But wouldn’t it be much easier to just talk to the computer “Star Trek” style?

Conversational AI is going to be really cool as it’s fleshed out. No terminator pun intended.

I do think the Elites see this and why they’re pushing for UBI. There’s going to be so many low wage (even high paying) jobs taken over by AI.

I run a marketing company. One of the hardest skills I’ve learned over the years is to write engaging ad copy.

Copy that gets people to stop what they’re doing, read/listen to my offer, click though, and buy.

Learning how to target the correct people on various advertising platforms is another skill that’s taken me years to master.

I would say all those skills are less than a year away from being completely replaced by AI.

Shoot, one of the most time intensive tasks that I hate, but I’m really good at, is writing email campaign sequences that convert.

Now all I have to do is throw the right prompt and framework at chatgpt and it will write out my whole sequence.

Then I just have to go in and make some tweaks.

Try it out yourself, if you’re a sales or marketing guy.

Story based marketing emails draw the reader in, get them to relate to your hook, promise, and offer, and overcome objections through the email as they read.

Ex: Using Donald Miller Story Brand structure.

Just paste this into GPT:

I need to write a value proposition for my business using Donald millers storybrand framework. Can you please ask me granular questions to collect all the info you need. And then write out my story brand. Ask questions 1 by 1. 1 question per prompt.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Worse. Computers, internet, smartphones didn’t evolve on their own. They advanced at the pace of human capacity. That capacity includes AI. But AI can improve upon itself far faster than humans can adapt to it.
    Bah. We can't adapt to changes in our grocery store layouts...

We will adapt to it. We've always adapted to IT. We may not like some of our adaptations, but we will adapt.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    AI could very will be “the Beast” the anti-Christ uses. If Musk is scared of it it should give idiots like me pause. Wasn’t it Bill Burr that said “kill it!”
    Oh it definitely will be part of it.

Central Bank Digital Currencies, social media credit scores, One World Government, and AI controlling it all.

That’s where all this is headed.

We’re literally seeing End Times Bible prophecy being played out for us on the front page.

I’m crazy (to most) as I’m the one that’s looking to the other side: the Millennium and Eternity in the New Heavens and the New Earth.

I don’t think technological advancements will end in Eternity.

How else are we going to get to all the stars in the New Heavens?

Is this stuff scary for today. You better believe it.

But I can’t wait to see how we will utilize all this stuff!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And more in the know are repudiating AI.

“He said that a part of him regrets helping with the development of AI and that it could one day replace people in the workforce and help disseminate misinformation. Hinton told the New York Times…”

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Right now. It's neither.

At this point it could go either way.

But if the gov starts rolling it out in a big way the answer will be clear very quickly.

Top Bottom