• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Try a Benjamin Fortitude. They are regulated, have a magazine and have a shrouded (moderated) barrel.

Then there is the Benjamin Marauder pistol (one of my favorites), they come with a shoulder stock, magazine and also have a shrouded (moderated) barrel.

The new Notos Carbine is all the rage too. Very small, light and handy. 20 ft. lbs of energy, regulated, moderated and has a magazine. $264 at Pyramyd air, plus take 12% off for their 4th of July sale.

If money isn't an issue, there are a plethora airgun to fit your needs.
    That Notos has really peaked my interest.

Anyone have one, or have handled it?

I wish the Marauder pistol was better regulated.

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I myself am looking for a break open that can kill a groundhog within 30 yards. What is the best I can get for around $200 and under? I'm in city limits.

cg21

Master
    May 5, 2012
    I myself am looking for a break open that can kill a groundhog within 30 yards. What is the best I can get for around $200 and under? I'm in city limits.
    I have a Benjamin prowler .22 and it gets the job done on small critters within 40yd. (Maybe more but that is the farthest i have taken a rabbit) Shot placement is important as always

Mar 22, 2023
    Paris Crossing
    Try a Benjamin Fortitude. They are regulated, have a magazine and have a shrouded (moderated) barrel.

Then there is the Benjamin Marauder pistol (one of my favorites), they come with a shoulder stock, magazine and also have a shrouded (moderated) barrel.

The new Notos Carbine is all the rage too. Very small, light and handy. 20 ft. lbs of energy, regulated, moderated and has a magazine. $264 at Pyramyd air, plus take 12% off for their 4th of July sale.

If money isn't an issue, there are a plethora airgun to fit your needs.
    Benjamin you can’t go wrong with for sure if you are looking for pcp locally in Indiana 3rgunsmithing.com carries them along with FX supplies Diana Hatsan the guns on sight are proven for squirrels by hunters in Indiana and they are PCP. Check us out shoot an email be glad to help.

snalegg

Plinker
    Jul 28, 2023
    Peru
    I have a Gamo Swarm .177 air rifle. I can't seen to keep it consistent! I get it dialed in and the next day it is way off. Everytime I get it out I have to readjust the scope. It's the scope that came with it. Anyone have any advice?

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    I have a Gamo Swarm .177 air rifle. I can't seen to keep it consistent! I get it dialed in and the next day it is way off. Everytime I get it out I have to readjust the scope. It's the scope that came with it. Anyone have any advice?
    Unfortunately the scope that is included in the package is not of the best quality. Magnum spring airguns are have a very harsh recoil that shakes reticles loose in non magnum airgun rated scopes.

Last edited:

snalegg

Plinker
    Jul 28, 2023
    Peru
    Unfortunately the scope that is included in the package is not of the best quality. Magnum spring airguns are have a very harsh recoil that shakes retitles loose in non magnum airgun rated scopes.
    Thanks. I'll have to swap out the scope and see if that helps. I wasn't sure if my problem was the scope or the rifle. My cousin has the same one I do and he has the exact same problem.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I got a Benjamin Titan Gas Piston break barrel in .22 and it works just fine for groundhogs...I am in the city limits and a subdivision so discretion is necessary....dang groundhogs nest under my house but the population is dwindling weekly thanks to the Titan....May not be the greatest choice but for the pests under 20 yards or so, it does the job just fine...

Mongo59

Master
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I got a Benjamin Titan Gas Piston break barrel in .22 and it works just fine for groundhogs...I am in the city limits and a subdivision so discretion is necessary....dang groundhogs nest under my house but the population is dwindling weekly thanks to the Titan....May not be the greatest choice but for the pests under 20 yards or so, it does the job just fine...
    Kill em, kill em all, let God sort em out...

Mar 22, 2023
    Paris Crossing
    I will admit the only think I know about air rifles is I had a crossman as a kid. I scanned some of these post but didn’t find what I was looking for. I am looking for an air rifle to try this year for squirrels. What would be a good rifle? What are you guys using?
    If you are starting out the Hatsan Flash is a good one to start with under 400 and the Diana storm rider around that 300 mark used both shot counts per fill can only get around 30 ish but plenty to squirrel hunt with go to my web page https://www.3rgunsmithing.com the rifles on there we hunt with and 45 50 yards no problem. There is a contact for me also. Be glad to help.

Mar 22, 2023
    Paris Crossing
    Some other things to look at also is how fast you push them lighter weight pellet’s several of my squirrel buddy use the swarm went to a 10.3 grain JSB Hades need to slow it down a little and they carry a punch also.

Mongo59

Master
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I scored one of the Umarex Trevox pistols at one of my LGS this week. Basically a one hand springer in .177. So far I like it and it was only $40, It will take a squirrel but the hard sights are a little to be desired and could have a longer radius.

Mar 22, 2023
    Paris Crossing
    I scored one of the Umarex Trevox pistols at one of my LGS this week. Basically a one hand springer in .177. So far I like it and it was only $40, It will take a squirrel but the hard sights are a little to be desired and could have a longer radius.
    Squirrel hunting with a pistol is challenging any way but with a springer pistol heck ya that’s what it is all about that’s why air gunning is fun so many options.

Top Bottom