• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    I apologize if this has been discussed. I searched threads and did not see it covered.

I am a recruit at Maryland's DNR law enforcement academy right now. I purchased a rifle kit that arrived today. However, me being ignorant... did not realize that I could not buy a stripped lower out here. Maryland treats it as a regulated firearm and will not sell to out of state people. Pennsylvania is the same way. They said they could sell me a complete AR, just not the stripped lower :dunno: . I am flying home over Labor Day Weekend. I plan to just buy a stripped lower in Indiana and take it back. I know the stripped lower is technically the "firearm". In order to bring it back to Maryland, I would have to check it in a locked secure box? I don't check my bags when I fly, so I wouldnt have anything else to check. I don't want it to be obvious that that is the only thing of mine being checked in....Can it be mailed? Please correct me if I am wrong as I have never flown and checked a firearm before.
    I have seen some people say that because it is a long gun, I could ship it USPS. Does that work with it being out of state - especially because Maryland treats it more like a handgun then a long gun? I can't pick it up from an FFL dealer out here. According to them, they wont even do that because im not a resident of the state.

I apologize if this is a repetitive question that has already had a thread. I did try and search to find my answer, but wasn't coming up with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what the best way to go about this is.

Thanks
    dcary7

Top Bottom