• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I am trying to track down some foam for a wedge for my holster. Can't seem to find any locally and online vendors usually want to sale a large portion. Being its just a small holster I literally need only a few inches. I haven't used a wedge before so I'm not feeling up to spending $20+ on foam I may or may not need. Anybody have any ideas on a place or what kind of foam to use?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am trying to track down some foam for a wedge for my holster. Can't seem to find any locally and online vendors usually want to sale a large portion. Being its just a small holster I literally need only a few inches. I haven't used a wedge before so I'm not feeling up to spending $20+ on foam I may or may not need. Anybody have any ideas on a place or what kind of foam to use?

https://limatunesrangediaries.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/the-aiwb-holster-hack/

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    If you pay for shipping I can send you some of my bigger pieces of scrap. Also I think phlster sells a kit separately from his holsters for that purpose.

Also those Dr. Scholls heel cushions work pretty well

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How well does the Dr. Scholl's work? I just picked up a Blade-Tech Klipt and while it's nice, it rubs a bit and the top end of the gun doesn't push into the abdomen much to help with printing. I'm wondering whether to try foam / Dr. Scholl's, or return the Klipt and get a holster that works better without modification...

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I will send you some foam if you still want some. Just shoot me a PM if you want some.

These are some pics of the foam on my holster after 2 years of use. The foam started out at 1.5". The foam I will send is 2" thick. You can cut it down to whatever thickness you like. A fillet knife words the best.

foam%20wedge2_zpsbmwzdeja.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

foam%20wedge1_zpsrgtuugf7.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom