• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dkor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greensburg, IN
    I would like to buy an Ak-47 or Ar15. However, i am unfamiliar with this site. what are the things that i should be aware of? should i entertain the idea of getting a gun from someone who is not rated?

any advice would be appreciated.

dkor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greensburg, IN
    you cant use the classifieds with <50 posts.

I am aware of that.. however i believe it is possible to promote the site and avoid that if i find a gun i am interested in. is that correct?

just more looking forward to the point i am able to get a gun from someone

Last edited:

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    Unless you want to pay inflated prices, you may want to wait and see if the storm blows over and prices may come back down. AR prices have almost doubled and that is if you can find one and AK prices are almost as bad. Just my 2 cents.

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    I am aware of that.. however i believe it is possible to promote the site and avoid that if i find a gun i am interested in. is that correct?

just more looking forward to the point i am able to get a gun from someone

Most on here will not sell to anyone if they have less than 50 posts. Again that is Most.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    If the only reason you are here is to buy or sell you may be better served by going to armslist for your needs. But we would like you to stay and learn from our members and to share your knowlege also.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I have both an AR and an Ak47. I like both. AR is more accurate at further distances with less recoil. Ak is a put thru heck and shoot anything you want thru it without cleaning it. Good luck finding either one plus ammo for a decent price!

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Unless you want to pay inflated prices, you may want to wait and see if the storm blows over and prices may come back down. AR prices have almost doubled and that is if you can find one and AK prices are almost as bad. Just my 2 cents.

Well....the person also seems to be willing to pay the site instead of contributing....guess he's got money to spare???

I am very appreciative to ALL site supporters who make it free and available to people like me, just sayin that money doesn't seem to be a big concern for this user.

dkor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greensburg, IN
    Most on here will not sell to anyone if they have less than 50 posts. Again that is Most.
    Thanks for all of the information

If the only reason you are here is to buy or sell you may be better served by going to armslist for your needs. But we would like you to stay and learn from our members and to share your knowlege also.

Originally as it was how the site was described to me as more of a buy/trade/sell site. but i am enjoying more and more of the site as i learn more.

for future reference what would you expect for a decent price for an AR and or AK (understanding quality of parts and condition vary), but what is a decent price for the aforementioned guns?

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Thanks for all of the information

Originally as it was how the site was described to me as more of a buy/trade/sell site. but i am enjoying more and more of the site as i learn more.

for future reference what would you expect for a decent price for an AR and or AK (understanding quality of parts and condition vary), but what is a decent price for the aforementioned guns?

Before people lost their minds I'd say around $800 for a basic AR and $500 for a basic AK.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No. I don't have a crystal ball, but I don't see a ban (soon). You will want to buy when the right deal comes along. Research and shop.

Welcome to INGO!

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Thanks for that.

wtih the current legislation being proposed, do you feel it is time to get these guns before one can't?

My gut feel? No. Wait until they come back down before purchasing. High-cap magazines may not come back down again but at least you'll save money on the actual firearm by waiting.

Last edited:

justknapping

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Nashville
    Personally I would go AK over an Ar platform but them I'm cheap... FWIW. I would use the argument of 7.62 over 5.56 but anymore you can get the AR in about any caliber that floats your boat so really it's kind of a cost / what appeals to you question. That said if I had no budget and wanted a really really cool toy I'd probably entertain a AR platform in .458 SOCOM but shooting it would use up all my lunch money lol.

Top Bottom