INDY
    M10 with magpul gray stuff and some ultimak stuff

attachment.php

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Very pretty rifle BNB. The color on that wood is gorgeous!

Oh and vitamink. That ultimak makes that rifle look much better!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    it was a Century built rifle, basically a MISR-90, even though it wasn't marked as such. Maadi receiver and likely front and rear trunnions, but everything else was Chinese. The barrel was from a milled Chinese rifle w/ a screw-in barrel, so Century threaded the front trunnion and screwed the barrel in. It wouldn't be a horrible setup but the headspace was way off, as in the bolt would close on everything including a field gauge, and there really isn't a cheap/easy way to fix that with a threaded barrel.

Original plan to was put egyptian furniture on it and make it a shooter. when I found out that issue I decided to part it out, sell off everything and keep the receiver to use on an Egyptian Maadi kit I've got. :)

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I'm going to play with it and see if it lives up to the hype, then we shall see. I also want to play with the magpul handguards to see if I like them or not. to bad this rifle wasn't safe to shoot, or I would have ran it to play with. I just don't want to hack up a rifle to fit one.

Only plus side to the rifle is the screw in chicom barrel can be used on other screw-in milled AKs, like russians that need a new barrel, so there is a slight demand, and they are rare. The barrel is worth somewhere between $300 -> $400 since its in great shape, so I will recoup some of the $$.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Hell, you didn't do too bad then. Seems like there is a really demanding market for foreign barrels nowadays due to the import ban.

I really like the Zhukov handguard, just hate that the retainer needs removed to use it. I wish they had did something like how the Zenitco extended ones install. Not as big of a deal though for a guy like you with the tools to press the sight and gas block off though.

That brake looks really cool, curious to hear what you think of it. I would love to do a complete Zenitco'd AK.

I've been putting it off, but I'd like to send off my InRange AK-74 back to Sellers and have him do an AK105 conversion with an extended beet can booster. Thinking that when I do, I'll have him push the sight back on my PSA, thread it 1/2X28, and permanently attach a 51 tooth AAC mount so I can use my SDN-6 on it. I think that would look pretty slick with the front sight just barely past the Zhukov handguard.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah I was afraid it was going to be a loosing deal until I was able to get that barrel out pretty easily and get that brake off which was soldered on. I'm just glad it was caught before someone got hurt. Amazingly Stchas said he fired a couple of hundred rounds through it with no issue, and obviously it didn't blow up ;)

Top Bottom