• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpha0486

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    New Palestine
    I was browsing through the 1500 today looking for an AK. I noticed the prices seemed a little steep to me. Around 450 for a standard century Romanian. I have not checked the prices in some time, but is that a normal price for them. I am in the market for one and if anyone has any suggestions on where to get one, I would appreciate it.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I was browsing through the 1500 today looking for an AK. I noticed the prices seemed a little steep to me. Around 450 for a standard century Romanian. I have not checked the prices in some time, but is that a normal price for them. I am in the market for one and if anyone has any suggestions on where to get one, I would appreciate it.
    Im going Sunday but i saw quite a few century yugo m70 underfolders for $500 and that actualy was the best bang for the buck in the line of ak's ...... Keep in mind black friday is creeping up i picked up my wasr 10 last year at dunhams for $350 plus tax (double stack + 2 mags) im sure they will do about the same deal this year or at least close too

alpha0486

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    New Palestine
    Located central Indiana. I saw the underfolders and after putting it up in the shoulder, just did not like the feel. no cheek rest to aim. Looking for a full stock on it.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Located central Indiana. I saw the underfolders and after putting it up in the shoulder, just did not like the feel. no cheek rest to aim. Looking for a full stock on it.
    i agree with you there (i only built a polish underfolder so i had one to add to my collection) nothing beat a really stock but i do like metal triangle folder best of both worlds i think....... you'd probly be happy with just a wasr 10 but keep in mine there are saiga for nearly the same price and you could convert them to a pistol grip at a later time .....in a temping voice-----> there made in R U S S I A!!!!!!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

My local shops (SWI) are letting them go for $450, just seems to be the new normal price.

i agree with you there (i only built a polish underfolder so i had one to add to my collection) nothing beat a really stock but i do like metal triangle folder best of both worlds i think....... you'd probly be happy with just a wasr 10 but keep in mine there are saiga for nearly the same price and you could convert them to a pistol grip at a later time .....in a temping voice-----> there made in R U S S I A!!!!!!

I do love me Saigas. I picked up a very lightly used Saiga 223 with 4 magazines for $360, ordered a conversion kit from CSS for $125= $485. The same price can be achieved in new stock now with 7.62 or 223, as places like Atlantic are blowing them out for $300+shipping. In my opinion, this is a superior weapon for almost the same cash. :twocents:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    If you're in Central Indiana keep an eye on the Dunhams ad, or watch for sales at Midwest Gun exhange in Mishawaka, they usually have them for under $400; although I just checked, and draco's are the only AK they have on sale at the moment.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I understand that the supply of Romanian "surplus" AK pattern rifles is drying up, thus the increase in the average price for one.
    Not to mention the relatively weak US Dollar makes imported items from Europe more expensive as well. :(

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Don't like the underfolder, you can get wood. Gosh darn it to heck, that doesn't sound right. You can put a wood stock on it pretty cheap.

Top Bottom