• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    Hey all, I have an AK that I just removed the barrel nut from, only to find that there are no threads. I can't remember the exact diameter, but it is too small to be threaded to 14mm. It can however be threaded to 12, and I was wondering where in the Indy area I could get it threaded, and what kind of 12mm flash hiders/ muzzle brakes you would suggest. I like the 74 style, but would it have to be drilled out to accommodate the larger bullet?

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    That is possible, it is definitely smaller than standard. In the picture it's hard to tell the difference in diameter, but there is enough difference to make a standard threaded muzzle nut slide over and have a little wiggle room on the Romak. Another issue could be that the FSB on the Romak is set back quite far compared to my other AK. Note the muzzle nut in the second pic.

IMAG1018_zps28aaae7b.jpg

IMAG1019_zps90bd96f7.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    you really need to get a good measurement. There might be enough meat there to get enough thread to make it M14x1 LH. IF not, then the next best option is to go 1/2x28, and you can buy almost identical muzzle brakes made for that thread.

Only problem is it might be TOO big for 1/2x28. You really just need to take a set of calipers and get a good measurement.

Top Bottom