• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    I am posting because I'm still kind of shocked and wondering.
    We went to meet a couple from our church at a restaurant on the south side of Goshen.
    Was not in a bad area, but as usual I was carrying.
    I just switched over to the summer piece, my SIG 238 with an eight rd. extended mag.
    Also had another mag on me.
    I carry it in a Stealthgear IWB Ventcore in 3-4 o'clock position on my right side.
    Anyway, by the time we got there our friends were already seated, and in the choice location of backs to the wall.
    We sat down, ordered and were eating when suddenly there was a commotion up at the front of the room.
    I heard people moving, but I didn't turn around.
    Suddenly, there was a loud bang.
    Everyone jumped and few women squealed.
    Next thing I know, I had dropped my fork, my left hand had pulled my shirt to the side, and my right had grabbed the pistol and had "clicked " out of the holster.
    Turns out the bang was a party favor and they were singing "Happy Birthday " to a large party.
    Only person that saw me was the Amish man at the next table.
    His eyes were like saucers.
    I am still kind of stunned at the transition from eating to gunfighter mode.
    I guess practicing pays off.
    Wondering if anyone else has had this kind of experience.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    "Gun of the Hand"* for the win!

*obscure movie reference
    I was thinking the same thing! And then Kelly Mcgillis….
    Anywayyyy…. I carry everywhere and luckily I’ve never come close to needing it. I try to be as cautious and vigilant as I can be.
    Glad it worked out well for you….

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I worked at a rather large gun store in Mishawaka several years ago. I was on one side of the store helping a customer, when I heard a shot go off on the other side of the store. We were always told to have our heads on a swivel because you never know who is coming in the store and what their intentions are. I didn't have time to think. My gun was out of my holster and at the low ready and I was across the showroom in less than 5 seconds. One other employee did the same thing but came from the back of the store. Everyone else in the store (employees and customers) were completely frozen in shock.

Turns out, some idiot customer decided to try out new holsters with his loaded XDM .45 and put a hole right in the floor.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I worked at a rather large gun store in Mishawaka several years ago. I was on one side of the store helping a customer, when I heard a shot go off on the other side of the store. We were always told to have our heads on a swivel because you never know who is coming in the store and what their intentions are. I didn't have time to think. My gun was out of my holster and at the low ready and I was across the showroom in less than 5 seconds. One other employee did the same thing but came from the back of the store. Everyone else in the store (employees and customers) were completely frozen in shock.

Turns out, some idiot customer decided to try out new holsters with his loaded XDM .45 and put a hole right in the floor.
    Lemme guess? "Eeet aint loaded!"

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    So, #1 Lesson learned: Go strapped. Always
    #2 Always sit your back to the wall
    #3 Sit at a table, not a slide in booth. Gotta be able to escape the fatal zone.
    #4 I have done the switcheroo with my Wifey to have a view of the entrance, and register.
    #5 Arm Wifey and stay vigilant. Food and drink enjoyed in safety

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom