• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just talked with the owners today. They are gonna talk and it think there's gonna be some exciting news to release soon that will make this ak built party the ultimate!!!! News within a couple days, Stay tuned!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ok guys, USDS is 100% on board with the build party. I want to make sure we have enough time for everyone to buy and receive their kits and also for the guys with the jigs and tools to be able to come.

i think a day the first part of April would be best. What say you all? We Deffinately want clay and the wabbit to be able to make it.

also USDS is doing a major renovation and will Definately have their classroom space finished by the to give is a very nice spacious setup with bathrooms, lights, AC/heat, extra tools of we need them. Also cerekote services are offered by USDS for an additional fee and If we get enough people wanting that we could ask them about a special discount.
    The shop will be open and if anyone needs to purchase additional accessories or ammo then it will be on hand. As with last time ammo will not be permitted in the build area.

>>>>>> The TEST FIRE SHOOTING RANGE will possibly/probably be finished and available for our use of we wait till april. Because of construction timelines and in order for USDS to ensure safety of everyone they can 100% guarantee it will be completed. They are just being honest with us and not trying to promise something they later can't deliver. These are good people!!

USDS is asking a very reasonable $10 per person to cover facility cost and their full support as well as any other tools we may need. A sandblasting cabinet is on site as well. This fee will also ensure that the limited build spots will go to people who will definitely show up. I'm sure we can accommodate up to 20 builders. Payments should be made to US Defense Solutions.

I'd really like to thank Mike Chad Matt and everyone else at USDS for allowing us to have this awesome guaranteed nice space for our build party!!

NOW LETS FIGURE OUT A DATE IN APRIL AND LOCK IN WHOS COMING!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I need to check with the wife on what saturday's she will be working that month, but it should only be one. That doesn't mean I can't go that day, its just more difficult ;)

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    April 11th is my son's birthday and I will be in the serious doghouse if I'm not home. I will get a signup sheet built by tomorrow EOD.

Do they have a hydraulic press and/or drill press onsite? The drill press was the biggest problem at MCFG.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    When I do the signup, I'll add a space for people to include tools. I can bring my hydraulic press but the drill press you see in my demill videos is bolted to the table and my car will be full enough.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    When a date is nailed down, I'd love to make it! I have a few projects sitting around.... I may have missed it, but anyone capable of showing how to heat treat? I have some stuff I can bring along possibly (12 ton press). My projects include heat treating, and setting headspace on two 74 kits. Could probably do it at home but would appreciate a second look.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    When a date is nailed down, I'd love to make it! I have a few projects sitting around.... I may have missed it, but anyone capable of showing how to heat treat? I have some stuff I can bring along possibly (12 ton press). My projects include heat treating, and setting headspace on two 74 kits. Could probably do it at home but would appreciate a second look.
    Be good having you!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hey guys I'm very sorry but I was just reminded that on 4/18 I have a prior commitment.
    So the 18th is a no go I'm sorry.

This is gonna be a truly epic event guys!!! I'm super excited!!

Last edited:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    5/2 then? That would give people 6 weeks to get their kits ordered and demilled before the party. I'm going to try and finish the RPK and AMD-65 at the same time and post the process so builders can see what they need to do at the party.

Top Bottom