AK Build Party at USDS on 5/2/2015 (10:00 am)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Cool. If we get DD and Fawkes (and his nephew) then most of the AK gang will be there. I might bring my AMD-65 work on. I'm doing a from a flat build on this one. If TT can fix my ejectors, I'll also install some side rails on my 74.

I'm in and I'll bring the minion

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    He originally was asking $400 (good deal alone) i hand selected mine and paided 375.. however the others he said he take $350 I paid extra for one that was my birth year....I didn't even haggle with the guy.. I do have his card he said he might have some man on the moon Hungarian 20rd tankers for me...woot woot!

Last edited:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    i saw this if you could take a picture maybe we can investigate the best way to address it... (maybe be as simple as drilling it out re-taping with a larger bolt/screw) and size of the original hardware would be nice to know as well.... JAGD- he was right next to him he was the guy with all the take off parts and yugo pulled barrels..

I was happy to see the mag guy there (one with all the bakes) got me a few circle 21 firebricks! now i just if i could only get lucky enough to fine the uber rare od green and snow white mags.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    For those of you looking for a kit to build that didn't score a Romy G at the 1500, Brian the guy at the 1500 with the kits has many AMD 65 kits with new barrels that have been headspaced to specific parts kits and have the pin cuts in the specific locations for the sights and gas tube etc. This is what I was told, I didn't see them to confirm. They are $350 plus shipping. I did a quick check online and Clearview Investment appears to offer the same kits for the same price. The barrels for these kits appear to be the standard length AK barrel rather than the shorter length of the original AMD 65 barrels.

Gunfarm.com, Brian Davis, Brian@gunfarm.com

Clearview Investments clearviewinvest.com

Last edited:
    Top Bottom