• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I am in the same boat, really want a fixed stock kit for a 7.62x39.

You do know that the AMD is 7.62 x 39? You could just get a fixed stock rear trunnion and install it instead of the arm. Just use a standard AK-47 receiver and the AMD kit from WhatACountry. It is cheaper and doesn't include the AMD style receiver. Just get the AMD barrel from AK-Builder and there you go, you now have an AMD-63.

amd-63_and_amd-65_rt_side.jpg

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    no one has a rpk kit there willing to part with do they about the only toy that is missing in my collection got the rpd and the pkm (both projects) as well

Joedirt82

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Westfield
    You do know that the AMD is 7.62 x 39? You could just get a fixed stock rear trunnion and install it instead of the arm. Just use a standard AK-47 receiver and the AMD kit from WhatACountry. It is cheaper and doesn't include the AMD style receiver. Just get the AMD barrel from AK-Builder and there you go, you now have an AMD-63.

amd-63_and_amd-65_rt_side.jpg

I am needing two amd-65 barrels currently. would the only ones ak-builder has right now arnt chrome lined? would you still suggest getting it even though it isnt chrome lined?

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Chrome lined is nice, but not necessary. If you plan of shooting corrosive surplus, you'd probably want one. If not, a non-chrome lined barrel should suffice.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I am needing two amd-65 barrels currently. would the only ones ak-builder has right now arnt chrome lined? would you still suggest getting it even though it isnt chrome lined?
    most yugo's weapons are not chrome linned and tend to be some of the best grouping weapons in that category ... chrome lining is just nice because it cleans up easy personally ill use whatever i can get a good deal on

on a side note anyone receive there southern armament receivers yet? been a week now and im still pending

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Anyone have an extra recoil spring assembly and pistol grip screw? I've looked everywhere except under VitaminK's futon, and we all know you don't look under VitaminK's futon. . .

tactical1224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    LaPorte, IN
    Please also put me down as bringing a 12 ton press in addition to the jigs I listed previously. I will be bringing a virgin barrel for my kit. I am new to this and looking forward to learning. I have a gas port jig and drill for my barrel as well as many other necessary bits.

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    It seems like there are a lot of people new to building aks on here. I sese everal posts on tips for building that are not exactly the best ideas or ways to go about your build. I have done multiple builds, and I have everything you could think of to do the builds. Spot welders, press, jigs, bending dies, and so on. i would be morr than happy to help out. im not saying that my way is better than anyone elses, I'm just saying that I've had lots of success building.

Joedirt82

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Westfield
    Chrome lined is nice, but not necessary. If you plan of shooting corrosive surplus, you'd probably want one. If not, a non-chrome lined barrel should suffice.

I do plan on shooting mostly corrosive ammo. for one, I like it better, and second...its cheaper! So I think I should wait for a chrome lined barrel to come along

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    It seems like there are a lot of people new to building aks on here. I sese everal posts on tips for building that are not exactly the best ideas or ways to go about your build. I have done multiple builds, and I have everything you could think of to do the builds. Spot welders, press, jigs, bending dies, and so on. i would be morr than happy to help out. im not saying that my way is better than anyone elses, I'm just saying that I've had lots of success building.
    Bring what you can and join in, I expect to learn alot about the process even tho I'm just fabing up my receivers. I doubt anyone here would not entertain a different view of tips, tricks, and craftsmanship.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair

Most definitely come and share. We all have our own methods but I'm glad to modify mine if it makes the process easier, faster, or cheaper. I'm the first to admit I have no metal experience. I just figured out how these things are put together. I still make stupid mistakes.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just finished my Saiga conversion, kinda. I cannot get the new trigger assembly installed, holy crap that spring is a PITA. I'm going to bring it as is, and hopefully someone can help me with the trigger. I'm also going to bring some various parts I have laying around, (round bullet guide, cheap scope, AK handle screw and nut) if anyone wants them, they can have them.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Guys, I have had a family issue come up that may make me unavailable for this. Is there a MCFG member who was planning on atgending who can take over for me? all you need to do is lock/unlock the clubhouse and make sure everyone in attendance is safe. I would rather pass the torch instead of cancell or postpone.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Please let us know VUPDblue. I want to update the attending list. It looks like it was going to be a great party with a lot to learn by newbs and vets.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I just finished my Saiga conversion, kinda. I cannot get the new trigger assembly installed, holy crap that spring is a PITA. I'm going to bring it as is, and hopefully someone can help me with the trigger. I'm also going to bring some various parts I have laying around, (round bullet guide, cheap scope, AK handle screw and nut) if anyone wants them, they can have them.

Hook the two arms of the spring together over top of the hammer and install the FCG as one assembly. Once in place, use a pick or screwdriver to "un-hook" them and they will snap right in place.

Like this:

405778263.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom