• ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    bth_Draco_zpsbfef91da.jpg

My Draco is failing to go into battery when shooting suppressed .

It only happens when shooting suppressed and after about every 6-7 rounds this happens .

I have to give the charging handle a shove forward to keep shooting .

Sometimes it will double feed but I'll change mags and it will still happen .

I'm thinking about getting one of these

Springs for AK-47 AK-47 Rifle Rifles & Shotguns

"extra power" recoil springs but I'm not sure that will fix the problem .

What do you guys think will stop it ?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    check your bolt carrier and see if you're smacking the rear trunion. There'll be a mark on the trunion or the back of the carrier will look like someone took a hammer to it. If that's what's happening it'll bounce back but look like a trout breaching while trying to swim up stream and not feed itself through the gas tube correctly. If i were to guess, i'd say this is most likely your issue. I'd buy another spring guide and super spring. Paint the end red or something and you'll know that's your suppressor set up.

If you get the chance, film yourself from the side and look at what the bolt is doing in slomo

If it's not overgassed , then i would polish the angles out of the hammer and the carrier so you no longer have 2 trapezoids crashing into each other. I doubt that's your problem though.

45686d1323025433-smothing-polishing-ak-trigger-gallery27758568886737.jpg

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    check your bolt carrier and see if you're smacking the rear trunion. There'll be a mark on the trunion or the back of the carrier will look like someone took a hammer to it.
    The rear of the Carrier has some marks on it as well as the front of the trunnion but neither of them look beat up by a hammer .

I'm guessing on this gun I've got around 1500 rnds through it so I figured it was normal wear marks .

If that's what's happening it'll bounce back but look like a trout breaching while trying to swim up stream and not feed itself through the gas tube correctly. If i were to guess, i'd say this is most likely your issue. I'd buy another spring guide and super spring. Paint the end red or something and you'll know that's your suppressor set up.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I'm using the TechSights set up , I don't remember if I used the original spring or not .

If you get the chance, film yourself from the side and look at what the bolt is doing in slomo

If it's not overgassed , then i would polish the angles out of the hammer and the carrier so you no longer have 2 trapezoids crashing into each other. I doubt that's your problem though.

I've polished the underside of the carrier , the grooves in the carrier , the top side of the rails and the trigger just like in the picture . The action is slick as snot .

45686d1323025433-smothing-polishing-ak-trigger-gallery27758568886737.jpg

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Change that recoil spring out with a sturdier one. Sounds to me like its not got the umph needed to send that bolt home on the slightly lower pressure created by a suppressor being on the end of the gun.

Top Bottom