• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trading_Fool

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Does an ak imported during the last ban that has been dremelled out to accept hi cap mags have to be converted to 922r? I have been trying to search with no luck. It is a wasr 10 that uses 10 rnd mags. Any info would be greatly appreciated. And another question, I was thinking about seeing if there would be any +/- to an sks model d/m vs an ak. I have always enjoyed a good sks and wonder about the benefits/downfalls of one that used ak mags. And again, the search option is not my friend.:xmad:

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Before you start cutting on the mag well. Check what barrel trunnion you have. Some were regular and others were dedicated single stack. Both are convert-able, however the single stack trunnion would require much more machining. Good luck will it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The answer to your question is yes, you would have to bring the number of imported parts down to 10 maximum. ATF has ruled that in order for a rifle or shotgun to be imported, it has to meet the sporting purpose of the new ATF second amendment. Any rifle converted from one that is legally importable to one that otherwise would not be legally importable must have it's parts count reduced to no more than 10 imported parts. This somehow makes the rifle or shotgun "sporting" per the 1968 GCA and incapable of any evil doings.

WASR-10s and all their variants are imported with single stack mag wells which ATF determined makes them a sporting weapon. AK/AKM variants cannot be imported anymore with standard mag wells. If you open the mag well to accept standard mags you have now "made" a non-importable rifle and to keep it legal have to bring the parts count in line.

Stupid isn't it!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    You'll want to switch the trigger out anyways so there's three parts. Is it a Wasr, Maadi, or Yugo Pap?

Top Bottom