• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    I need to be educated. I am interested in a highly reliable AK type rifle, however I know nothing about the guns other than the general history and rep for reliability. I know there are gotchas though when it comes to buying a good one. My aim would be nothing pretty, form over function and price is always a consideration. What is the best model/type of AK for the best price? Please go into detail about differences and what to look for. Remember I know almost nothing so kinda talk to me like I am a 4 year old. If you have any links to good info please post them I am yearnin to learn, just don't know were to look. Thanks in advance!:)

So you need to be educated.
    Try this link to a lot of info on AKs & make a good decision when buying your AK.
    Good Luck.

AK-47 information, bayonets, ammo and magazines

If you have any more questions, just ask.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So you need to be educated.
    Try this link to a lot of info on AKs & make a good decision when buying your AK.
    Good Luck.

AK-47 information, bayonets, ammo and magazines

If you have any more questions, just ask.

It's a good archive of information, but just about no help at all for picking a good AK.

It tries too hard to avoid bashing things, or shying people away from things, while downplaying stuff at the top and over-rating stuff at the bottom.

If you want the best AK, go out and try a bunch, find one that has a good slick action that doesn't hesitate or hang up anywhere, and buy it. All websites and word of mouth can do is give you an idea, and unless you go top shelf you're going to be going through a few before you find a good one.

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    Gents, Thanks for the info so far I am going to run down some of the links and try to learn some more, I have so far learned a bit about the whole mis alignment issues on some of the WASR rifles and about trigger group issues. I will be asking many more questions. Again thanks! and if you guys run across more links please post em up.

Top Bottom