• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hello everybody, I was looking into building another AK but its been 6 or 7 years since I did my last ones. I was wondering who makes good complete receivers with good full heat treats or who makes heftier , thicker flats. I was looking to fab up a receiver that closely mimics the strength and smoothness of a MAK 90 and would like to know if there is anywhere in particular I should start looking. I know there are some die hard AK guys here.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Stamped would be correct. I have never used an AK that had a receiver like a MAK 90, which is why I asked. The steel is thick and the action is smooth. It doesnt necessarily, however, have to be one for a MAK. Im also looking at others and am wondering who has quality parts.

Last edited:

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I do have another question; Are all Yugo trunions (the RPK style) the same? Are they the same from the M70 to the M72 to the M85?

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    There is always an exception to the rule with AKs but 1.5mm trunnions should be the same. I don't know all the variants of the Yugo, but NoDak has different receiver versions for the various models including a version of the M70 that uses an AKM style trunnion. If you need a specific receiver to fit your trunnion and it's not listed on the site, give them a call.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I see the weapon specific receivers they have. I was asking because I am trying to do a rather unconventional build. I was gonna build a short AK, similar to an M85, but I was gonna use an RPK kit to get the parts since I wont be using all M85 parts for this build. M72 kits are cheaper. Seemed like a good idea to use an M85 receiver with M72 trunions since I only want those kits for their trunions anyway. It looks like I will be going with them.

Top Bottom