• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I picked up a ak not to long ago and I'm really liking it (m10 762) but I'm wanting the stock to be longer. I'm a big guy and could use some more room on the butt stock of this rifle. I've seen a lot of options online but I'm wondering what you guys are using or would recomend?

attachment.php

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Check K-var as I know they have longer stocks.

Also check Ironwood Designs. I know they have a recoil pad that they can add to a standard length stock for an additional inch or so, but they might also have a longer stock with the added pad available.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Why not an AR stock adapter with a nice collapsible (Magpul, VLTOR, etc)? We've got the Rifle Dynamics adapters in stock, and can order the VLTOR or Mako if you prefer.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    whats that going to run me if I want ar stock adapter and a collapsible magpul stock?

The Rifle Dynamics adapter runs $69.95, + buffer tube + stock of your choice. We have one already set up with a commercial spec tube and M4 stock for $109.95.

The VLTOR adapter runs ~$89.95 + stock of your choice.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have the VLTOR tube and Magpul MOE on mine. Both very nice pieces and I love having the adjustable LOP. It was pretty easy to swap out the fixed stock for the VLTOR tube.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    has anyone tried AK PREDATOR STOCK SIX POSITION w/ALUMINUM TUBE?( Furniture :: AK PREDATOR STOCK SIX POSITION w/ALUMINUM TUBE - AK-Builder.com). seems like a decent stock.

akcarbkit.jpg

or this, AK to AR Car Stock Adapter with Stock Kit

I traded for an AK with one of those, and I hated it. Felt like a toy that was going to break.

I've had the VLTOR and CAA extensions, and both were really nice. Just depends what size of stock body and type of sling mounts you want. The rifle dynamics one is a pretty ingenious design though, and allows you to get a decent cheek weld with out a riser on the stock body.

That said, I'd go with a KVAR "Nato Length" fixed stock. Quality is top notch, and the simplistic design goes well with the utilitarian nature of the AK.
    The Largest AK-47/74 Rifle...

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    It looks like your face wouldn't even touch the stock with that utg adapter and scope. Combine that with the magazine that isn't seated in the rifle in the picture and I'd say it's pretty useless...

I second the Rifle Dynamics adapter. I shot a buddy/coworker's AK74 with one and liked it better than my Ace stock.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Might I suggest adding one of these to you AK stock, They are Russian Spec, and these are what Russia is using on the ak100 series rifles, It adds just the proper amount of length. It dont slip, stays fixed.
    I think these are immatations but are exactly like an original.

AK-47 Combat Recoil Pad

20130119140607900.jpg

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'll second getting the Rifle Dynamics adapter. You won't have to add a cheek riser later (i had to on a saiga 12 i had). Here are some pictures.

RD
    ak04.jpg

Haven't used this on but it looks cool...Archangel
    archangel_ak_stock-tm-tfb.jpg

Vltor
    AK.jpg

Bonesteel
    image.jpg

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I think I'm going to try a vltor receiver extension and a magpul ctr stock. seems like a lot of people are having good luck with that.

If you want adjustable LOP, you'll like it. I mistakenly said previously in this thread I had the MOE stock, but I actually have the CTR (used to have a gun with the MOE so it sticks in my head). With the iron sights I get a perfect cheekweld, but with the CTR you can add risers if you use other optics that make you want to go higher. Here's mine.

Vltor_CTE_Stock_zpsa284194e.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom