• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Brand spanking new Arsenal SGL21 (762x39)
    First range visit today (Atterbury)
    First trigger pull - bang - good.
    Second trigger pull - nothing.

Realized the trigger was "stuck" all the way back.
    Cleared the gun and started looking inside. What I found is shown in the photos below. Photo 1 is what I would expect is normal after the action cycles and is ready to fire the next round. Photo 2 is what I found as described above (trigger stuck at rear of pull). At this point I was able to easily dislodge the hammer with a screw driver. I later discovered I could just flick the backside of the trigger with my finger when it would lock this way.

Overall I put about 150 rounds downrange. This stuck trigger issue happened five or six times randomly throughout the session - sometimes 3/4 times in a row then I might get 20 or 30 rounds without trouble.

Any ideas on why this is happening? Ideas on what I can do to remedy it?

Photo 1 - what I would expect to see normally.
    IMG_0272.jpg

Photo 2 - what it looked like when trigger was "stuck"
    IMG_0273.jpg

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Look at the spring leg L shape going from the hammer to the trigger/disconnector on the right side of the rifle (top in the pics). It needs to be on the trigger leg like the other one on the left (bottom in pic).

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    If you switch it out, I call dibs on the Arsenal. Much better than the Tapco G2 in my opinion, but I like 2 stages on a fighting rifle.

I liked the two stage property of the Arsenal trigger although it did seem a bit "gritty". Perhaps there is an opportunity to smooth it out a bit. By contrast I also was shooting a new Saiga 12 gauge shotgun today that has the G2 trigger and it was much smoother.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    It's pretty common for spring legs to walk on Aks. Might want to take a pair of needle nose and be the spring so that it braces against the frame and puts downward pressure where needed:twocents:

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Look at the spring leg L shape going from the hammer to the trigger/disconnector on the right side of the rifle (top in the pics). It needs to be on the trigger leg like the other one on the left (bottom in pic).
    Seems like a recurring pattern. You always beat me to AK questions. :yesway:

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Seems like a recurring pattern. You always beat me to AK questions. :yesway:

Hehe I'm quick on the trigger too :shoot: Actually a lot of times the rest of the guys will beat me to it as well so I know how you feel buddy! Which is why I spread some rep around in this thread. Unfortunately, I have to spread some before giving back to you. Fortunately, I still must spread more around before giving to VitaminK, which is weird because I didn't think I ever gave him any (why did they have to take the negative rep away!). Clay deserves a lot most of the time but he is a real man with it disabled.

I really think the AK guys we have here are some of the best around, even beats some AK specific boards!:ingo:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Update: I got back home this evening where I could check out what had been suggested on this thread. I got the spring back on the leg easily, but found that indeed the spring could walk off the leg fairly easily. I applied some material from another hobby of mine (racing) and did this (.032 safety wire). Not perfect, but looks like it should help keep them in place.

Trigger_Wire_1.jpg

Trigger_Wire_2.jpg

Top Bottom