• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    If it were my rifle, I'd contact Arsenal to see if they would send me a replacement spring. It only takes a minute to change out.

Do you think it is a problem spring? Seems to look more like a bit of a weak design to me. I could have easily knocked this one off when I was in there lubing things before my first range session and I just didn't know enough to notice what it was or that I had knocked it off. It doesn't seem like it would have come off during normal shooting although I think my safety wiring them in place will absolutely keep them from coming of now.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    weak design? Not likely. Its been this way since the rifle was designed and to my knowledge has never changed.

Faulty part, or out of spec part? more likely to me.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    darn spring

Wierd

Your hammer looks like it has seen more than 6 rounds?
    IMG_0272.jpg

This has never been cleaned by you?
    Is it spanking new from Arsenal? Box papers, 3 shot target, etc?

weak design? Not likely. Its been this way since the rifle was designed and to my knowledge has never changed.

Faulty part, or out of spec part? more likely to me.

This:yesway:

When I clean my Ak's on occasion my rag will snag the bent edge of the spring w/o my knowledge at the time falls over the trigger, this does take effort to move and absolutely should not walk off because off the bent 90 at the tip of the spring this grabs the "catch" of the trigger assm. "up and over" is how this spring was taken off, some way. BUT if its doing that while shooting I agree with above, faulty part, out of spec, etc, which is rare with an SGL these are tested and looked over before it left Arsenal.

Last edited:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    At the time I took the photo it was at the end of the day after 180 rounds through it. This session was the first out of the Arsenal box that did have their three round target included. Like I said in an earlier post, before I shot it I had been inside there poking around and did some lubing. Had some things out like the safety lever, bolt, etc to get lube into spots that didn't look like they had any and could have easily knocked it off.

Top Bottom