• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Have to admit that I've never fired a 308 out of any length barrel. On the other hand, I've fired lots of 7.62x54r out of Mosins, both short and long versions. It's hard to beat the sheer volume of a Mosin launching lead downrange. And the fireball is just as beautiful as the rifle is loud when you shoot late enough to fully appreciate it. And let's face it, there is a certain amount of pride involved in successfully getting all 5 rounds to load and shoot without a hitch while using a Mosin. Not so much with other rifles. Just sayin'.

Hitchhiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Ahh, the Mosin Nagant. It is how I got into shooting, why I am half deaf, why I hate corrosive ammo, and why I keep a rubber mallet in my range bag. Many good times.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I've fired lots of .308 out of plenty of different rifles. I just take a bit of offense when anybody states that a round (or rifle) isn't any good because of this or that. We all have opinions and they should be stated as just that...our opinion. Unfortunately, we have a lot of folks running around bad mouthing calibers, guns and techniques that they have never even tried or been part of.
    I never give an opinion unless I, personally, have some experience with whatever is being discussed. Keeps me from getting my butt kicked and laughed at....lol
    The .308's I've fired ranged from bolt action hunting rifles to M1A's to CETME's to the M60E3. I've owned 3 91/30 Mosins and just bought an M44 recently. I don't consider either round to be better than the other, they both are what they are...medium weight battle cartridges. The .308 does have the advantage of being offered in shorter, lighter rifles. But in it's military guise, a FN/FAL isn't any more accurate than a Mosin!

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I have a t least one of each. Each is good in its own right. But I still say the Mosin is the most bang-for-the-buck you can find in a long gun.

Top Bottom