• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    I know AK's are built on loose tolerences but, a buddy of mine bought a 74 I dont remember who built it, but the front trunnion seems to have alot of wiggle compared to my WW and yugo. Any ideas or is it an issue?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The front trunnion should NOT have any wiggle. It is riveted to the front of the receiver and should be done so in a VERY solid manner.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    wiggle

No niether of the AK's I have the wiggle and it IS in the trunnion NOT the mag wobble. My Yugo is solid as a rock. Waffen Werks ain't too bad. Can the rivets be pressed more to aid in this?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That front trunion should be like it is part of the receiver. There should be no movement at all between the front trunion and the receiver.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    No niether of the AK's I have the wiggle and it IS in the trunnion NOT the mag wobble. My Yugo is solid as a rock. Waffen Werks ain't too bad. Can the rivets be pressed more to aid in this?

typically no. When you crush the rivets they swell and fill the cavities they pass through. IF you crush a rivet and dont get it in the right position it will be very difficult to try and crush it again as it has probably already expanded inside of the trunnion.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana

So you are saying you have a Waffen Werks Ak that has a loose front trunnion and it "ain't too bad"

I guess I am confused as to which Ak has the loose front trunnion.

Front trunnions are not supposed to move....at all.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    So you are saying you have a Waffen Werks Ak that has a loose front trunnion and it "ain't too bad"

I guess I am confused as to which Ak has the loose front trunnion.

Front trunnions are not supposed to move....at all.

Geez, people. He's saying that neither his Yugo or WW has the trunnion wobble. His WW however, does have some slight mag wobble. I think he understands that there is not supposed to be trunnion wobble, (which his friends ak has) which is why he's asking.

Did I get that right OP?

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Correct

That is correct you hit it on the head. I have noe troubles with any of mine at the moment. But the rivets on my buddies 74 are loose. After my experience with sending a gun back to the maker just think it would be better off having a local guy fix it.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    2 things:

1) who built it?
    2) I would be glad to help you fix it, but Im on the opposite side of the state. Have the tools, have the knowledge, but Im not dragging this stuff over there ;)

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Probably gonna have't redo the front trunnion rivets and maybe the trunnion holes are to wide and the rivets are setting loose in the gun, not filling the trunnion holes when crushed. I have the tools also feel free to PM me.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is serious! With the thread title, I was expecting to hear about how you do a little dance when you take your combloc for a walk.

Top Bottom