• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Kokomo
    Thanks for posting as a Hunter Ed instructor myself I will also use this for the next course I assist with. Just wonder how he was carrying the firearm when he tripped? Tragic accident for everyone involved.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I would like to know what type of firearm it was so we could diagnose the circumstances that lead to this tragedy (the only obvious one is the lack of an engaged safety) My first guess is a .22 rifle or a shotgun with birdshot. One thing is for sure, it wasn't an AR, or there would be pictures of the evil black rifle all over the media.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I saw how they shoot themselves with long guns when I slung guns during high school and undergrad at Galyan's.

People carry the weapon with the buttstock at the belt line, muzzle 2" from their faces and finger on trigger. They shoot themselves in the face or neck.

Handed a guy a 10/22 and I saw a guy trip over his own size 14s and the metallic *click* would have put a bullet into his brain pan through his nose.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Once while hunting, my father in law and I were standing talking to another group of hunters.
    We had two big dogs, probably 75 lbs each at that time.
    The dogs had just gotten out of the truck and were a little over-energetic, just running back and forth.
    Both dogs crashed into my father in law broadside and took him out at the knees.
    Dogs went rolling, father in law screaming in pain, legs and arms flailing...
    And he never lost control of the muzzle of his shotgun.
    It was amazing.
    Kind of like W C Fields falling down the stairs and not spilling a drop of his martini.

Top Bottom