Alex Jones - Not a huge fan, but should I be?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Some people love him some people hate him. I personally have seen too many of his predictions not come true, so he has lost major validity with me. I am glad someone reports stuff that should be reported, but is he all that truthful, relevant and necessary? Thoughts?

I am not trying to start a fight, just getting opinions.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time. But Alex Jones is still just nutty.

^ He is a certified nutbag, but his team does do some good investigative reporting. If your skeptical enough about everything, you will eventually uncover conspiracies that no one else would find.

I check his site once a week or so, but take everything with a grain of salt.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    I dont agree with everything he says, but im a talk radio junkie so i listen to most of his podcast daily. He keeps me entertained. Some of his thoughts can be way out there but its nice to have a little variety.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive heard too many outright lies to believe anything he says.

This one hits close to home: My favorite outright lie is the "hidden cam" footage of what he claimed was a fema camp. High barbed wire fences with security turnstiles (the ones that you see at the exits of theme parks where you can only go through them one way, or in this case they only turn when you swipe your security badge.). Behind them were expansive warehouse style buildings.

The truth? It was news footage with the audio scrubbed of one of the local TV stations doing a report on security upgrades to the Amtrak yard in Beech Grove.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Is he any more truthful than the current lineup of MSM? It's all for show these days. It's lies and spin everywhere you turn. What makes Alex that much different really?

I don't listen to Alex Jones myself but I do like Andrew Wilkow on Sirius Patriot. If you treat it as entertainment and if it's something that makes you think and question what you believe about the role of .gov in your life, I think that's a good thing. Just don't let him do the thinking for you and understand it's about ratings.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    Just don't let him do the thinking for you and understand it's about ratings.

BINGO! Information is not bad. The effort required to sort the truth from the lie isn't too tough, it is the things with "just enough" truth not to be a "lie" that can be difficult. But remember .gov in every branch and both sides of the aisle do exactly that EVERY DAY, so what is much different about someone else doing it. Can't say I'm a fan, but I don't think anyone should try to take away his microphone. The biggest challenge will be for him NOT to become a tool of .gov as a useful idiot.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Alex Jones is either certifiably insane or he just wants higher ratings/ money. I lean toward the latter. It all seems like an act. Plus, hes just all over the place. Nothing makes sense, if you listen to enough of him and piece it together. Hes just spouting off on random conspiracy theories.

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    I listen to him. Not all the time, but on/off. But i always take it with a grain of salt.

I was watching CNN this Sunday while at the gym. They were showing coverage of people throwing the barracades to the whitehouse. And what does the scumbag of so called "news anchor" say?
    "Do we know if these people were Tea party people...."

new is dead. Listen to alternative media. I like to listen to all sorts of media. Left,right, blue, up, potato, yellow- I don't like to label myself. I listen and i make my own decisions based on the info given.

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I guess Alex is no more a liar than wellllll I won't increase your taxes orrrrrrr Affordable Health Care doh sorry Affordable Health Care Tax, Won't raise the debt ceiling, I could go on but I need to eat some bacon before there is a bacon tax passed. Alex is just a little overboard and you have to pick out the "real" stuff. I'm glad he is around at least he isn't afraid to throw poo against the wall and see what sticks. It's not all big rock candy mountain out there or there would not be so many closed door meetings. And why do we have so many government cameras anyway ? Find another nut Alex, you can do it.

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    I like some of the interviews he does. Cody Wilson, from Defense Distributed, was really interesting to me. I think its important that people remember that his show is an entertainment source and not a news source though. Some of my coworkers don't seem to know the difference and those shiny hats make it hard to take them seriously. :twocents:

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have listened to a few of his DVDs and half way believe much of what he says about the super wealthy being in cahoots. The family trees of the older families can be traced back to the same trunk and have been around since the Rothchilds and the War of 1812 when they financed both England and France and ended up eventually controlling the economy of Great Britain. I do not generally believe most of what I hear or read without sufficient confirmation, but there is much evidence out there regarding an old worldwide conspiracy to run the world by the secretive super rich. You can all believe what you want to believe, however.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I basically discount anyone who uses him as a source to prove a point. Every once in a while you'll click on a link in a story or blog post that will take you to infowars. At that point I hit the back button on my browser twice.

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Controlled opposition is the nicest thing I could say about him.

this is probably closest to the truth. he has some valid information, but he sensationalizes everything, making grand appeals to emotion to get people stirred up. he also mixes in a whole lot of BS with the truthful reporting. he's a dis-informant. the only reason he's still around is because he discredits the truth seekers and makes all of us, who may not believe what we're told on a daily basis, look like crazed nut-jobs looking to start a fight. well Alex, job well done...

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I do listen to him frequently, and believe his researchers do provide a valuable service by presenting us with news that we would have difficulty finding; HOWEVER, this video does say alot of what he may be:

[video=youtube;f3s0vAwsBNc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3s0vAwsBNc[/video]

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I don't really listen to him but ocsdor that video is horrible. the sound is off and who knows what else. stuff looks like a liberal doctored it to no end lol. either way I would believe him over cnn or cbs any day of the week!!

Top Bottom