• ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Paddle Holster Landing Page

New paddle holster out, just released, some people waiting for it on other forums. Just a heads up, it's new. I don't have one but I am using their 3.0 cloak tuck and really like it.
    I picked up AG's new gun belt with it. It's nice leather in brown or black and steel cored...nice belt.

Oh, link is to the new paddle holster. Belt can be found on their site though. Its...or at least was... $15 off with holster purchase.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I received mine on Friday. Couple first impressions: For some reason, the supplied spacers for different retention aren't compatible. I am only able to use the shortest ones (tightest retention) because the screws aren't long enough to secure a wider spacer. Other than that it seems okay. The paddle clip might seem "flimsy" but if its built the same as the standard clips on their others holsters, it should hold up perfectly fine.

This is my first owb holster and am still getting used to it. I contacted Alien Gear about the spacers. I'll update if they straighten it out.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Man, Alien Gear is really tearing it up! I don't own any of their holsters, I prefer the old school all leather rout, but everything I hear about their products is top notch.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    So update on my above post: Spoke with AG and they apologized for the mix up and are sending me a "Mod Pack" (their packet of hardware) with extra longer screws. The customer service with these guys is unmatched. Everytime I call, they ALWAYS have a "no questions asked" policy. They have sent me new shells, clips, and backings in the past for my IWB holsters.

With this new Cloak Mod holster, I have found some longer screws from previous AG holsters I have and installed the the bigger spacers. I LOVE this holster.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just ordered one of these before seeing this thread. I wondered why the holster was so "cheap" and read that many ask them that and they respond with "Why are other companies so expensive?"

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Damn... How often does their shot break?
    Nothing had broken actually. It was just a preference change. The only thing that HAS "broken" for me is the backing on the Cloak Tuck 2.0. After using it for just over a year, the plastic inside the backing had cracked. The holster was still functional though.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I love AlienGear holsters, but I'm not comfortable carrying OWB without some form of active (i.e. Level 2) retention.

As a lefty, the best/only OWB holster I've found so far, that I'm comfortable with, is the Safariland Pro-Fit GLS.

Top Bottom