• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Thinking about grabbing a paddle for my glock 17 for convenience of on/off. Anyone have any experience with either or both? The alien gear is mighty tempting because of the price and discount on getting two holsters.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The only experience I have with Alien gear is what I have read here on INGO. IMO, you get what you pay for. And Comp-TAC is of HIGH quality.

I'd go Comp-TAC.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Instead of a paddle attachment (which come with their own set of problems), have you looked in to the "rubber" snap loops like these: OWB Quick Mount Straps (QMS) - Raven Concealment Systems

I have a set on my Henry holster for my Shield (love them) as well as a set on my Raven Phantom for my M&P. They're very very easy to install and use.

AND you won't end up with your entire holster in your hand if you draw like can happen with paddle attachments.

Cola76

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Thinking about grabbing a paddle for my glock 17 for convenience of on/off. Anyone have any experience with either or both? The alien gear is mighty tempting because of the price and discount on getting two holsters.

I have the older versions of the Alien Gear IWB and belt OWB and I have been very satisfied with them. I can only imagine the new versions being better. Their interchangeable shell system is awesome. You can have one holster base and put the shell for whichever pistol you want to carry on the base. They also exchange shells for free. Just last week I swapped an old shell from a pistol I sold for a shell for my new CZ P07. The turnaround was about a week and was free except for mailing the shell to them.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    So I've had the comptac for a while and I'm impressed. For a paddle, the holster rides pretty close to the body and with my normal t shirts I don't have any problems with obvious printing.

i also ordered the alien gear iwb 3.0 for my glock 26 and the paddle for the XDs 3.3.

the paddle is pretty bulky. And even with that small pistol, it prints way more than my fobus and glocks. Retention is good and the adjustability is cool. It just sticks out to much for summer wear.

the iwb otoh is pretty awesome. Way better than the galco King Tuk imho. It's very comfy at 3:00 and my 26 just disappears. The question will be if it holds up. But so far, I'm really enjoying it.

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    Have a relatively new AG 3.0. Very comfortable and also like the ability to swap shells. Very happy with the purchase compared to the junk you find at the big box stores.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    I have an alien gear holster for my shield. I think neoprene backing "breathes" better my self honestly. I've noticed in the heat it seems to allow my skin to breathe better along with molding to your body. It's flexibility makes it harder for me to put on compared to my Galco kingtuk however.

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I absolutely love my AG Cloak 3.0. I have a Safariland paddle and its OK but I only use that at the range and work. I've looked into the Comtac and they look really nice. But I can't really judge since I've never owned one.

Top Bottom