• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    O K...all you I U naysayers jump in and let us know what you think about our Sweet 16 visit....:rockwoot:

Wouldn't it be something if it came down to a repeat of 1987 - IU and Syracuse? Of course, the next obstacle is going to be UK, and you know that they're going to be out for blood! ;)

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    Seeding who would bring up seeding, oh a nay sayer. 15's seeds take out 2's. Ask the dukes or the Missourians or need I go on. Must be a Purdue fan. Next will be the how many big 10 titles you got.blah blah blah.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Seeding who would bring up seeding, oh a nay sayer. 15's seeds take out 2's. Ask the dukes or the Missourians or need I go on. Must be a Purdue fan. Next will be the how many big 10 titles you got.blah blah blah.

I dont really care one way or the other, but IU fans really need to pump the brakes a bit.

I mean they finished 5th in conference. Judging by IU fans out in public, IU fans on facebook, etc you would think they are already in the final four. I was at Smokey Bones in FW with my wife, son, and meeting my parents. I was walking to the table and passed by a guy with an IU hat and t-shirt and he was telling the people he was with that IU was going to win it all next year. I think they are going to be an excellent team, but my god.

I root for every B10 team in the tournament, but sometimes IU fans make it really tough.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I dont really care one way or the other, but IU fans really need to pump the brakes a bit.

I mean they finished 5th in conference. Judging by IU fans out in public, IU fans on facebook, etc you would think they are already in the final four. I was at Smokey Bones in FW with my wife, son, and meeting my parents. I was walking to the table and passed by a guy with an IU hat and t-shirt and he was telling the people he was with that IU was going to win it all next year. I think they are going to be an excellent team, but my god.

I root for every B10 team in the tournament, but sometimes IU fans make it really tough.
    If you think that IU fans are bad, you should be around some UK fans for just regular season games. Really this thread isn't going anywhere unless hornadylnl chimes in.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I am not for, but not against IU. I don't care about college basketball or any college sports. The only thing college I like is the bands, and I like Purdue's the best. That being said, I hope IU loses, only because I have one annoying superfan on facebook. He was a roller coaster all year, starting out with "IU BBALL is back" to "why this team is ranked is still beyond me" and crap like that.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    As much as I hope IU beats Kentucky again, it is obviously wishful thinking. Kentucky is DAMN good, and with the buzzer beater obviously fresh in everyone's mind, they will come out of the gates flying.

Either way I will be cheering for IU, and I am extremely excited to see them improve over the next few years.

Hopefully Zeller will stay all 4 years like his brother.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    As much as I hope IU beats Kentucky again, it is obviously wishful thinking. Kentucky is DAMN good, and with the buzzer beater obviously fresh in everyone's mind, they will come out of the gates flying.

Either way I will be cheering for IU, and I am extremely excited to see them improve over the next few years.

Hopefully Zeller will stay all 4 years like his brother.

what he said...

Down here is SW Indiana all you see is a sea of blue, and that'sfine. I like to see folks rooting for their team. What I don't understand isthe few folks that want to trash someone for rooting for their team? I don'tknow, maybe they feel so insecure about themselves that the only way they canfeel better is by trashing on someone else?
    Regardless what kind of session IU has, I always root for them, in the good years, and the bad.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I have been an IU fan since I was a wee lad and I can say that the last few years have been tough to endure. We fans were accustomed to winning or at the least being in the game at the end with a chance to win. To be victorious over 3 top five teams and to win their game over NC State (a sweet 16 team I might add) in the Acc/Big Ten challenge gave us fans something to cheer about. As sorry as the last few years have been, that is alot of energy and emotion to let loose. VCU might have been a lower seeded team, but they did beat a 2 and had a total of 29 victories. That press was for real and would give most teams fits... Hopefully the IU fans will get accustomed to winning again and get back to the point of expecting to win. I would like to see another banner in the rafters in the next few years.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As obnoxious fans go....none of them beat Ohio State....every time I hear that O H I O bogus cheer I want to hurl....guess they will feel the brunt of cheating with their football team this year.:xmad:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You "we" and "us" guys played a great game. You should be proud of your contributions. I can't believe a few of you had triple doubles.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have been an IU fan since I was a wee lad and I can say that the last few years have been tough to endure. We fans were accustomed to winning or at the least being in the game at the end with a chance to win. To be victorious over 3 top five teams and to win their game over NC State (a sweet 16 team I might add) in the Acc/Big Ten challenge gave us fans something to cheer about. As sorry as the last few years have been, that is alot of energy and emotion to let loose. VCU might have been a lower seeded team, but they did beat a 2 and had a total of 29 victories. That press was for real and would give most teams fits... Hopefully the IU fans will get accustomed to winning again and get back to the point of expecting to win. I would like to see another banner in the rafters in the next few years.

Right on, brother. Go Hoosiers! ;)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    As obnoxious fans go....none of them beat Ohio State....every time I hear that O H I O bogus cheer I want to hurl....guess they will feel the brunt of cheating with their football team this year.:xmad:

THE Ohio State University (as they insist on saying) is the only team in the Big 10 for which I could never - under any circumstances - root. It's a great school, but has the most utterly obnoxious fans on God's green earth. I'd root for the University of Falujah over the Buckeyes!

Top Bottom