• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Adjust your elevation with either your rest or nocking point. Your broadheads need to chase your field points, until both hit the exact same spot.

Using windingwinds' situation as an example, the nocking point either needs to come down, or the rest needs to come up. (selnoid44 would have to do opposite.) Move in small increments such as 1/32" or 1/16" -- it doesn't take much. The fieldtips' point of impact will rise slightly, but the broadheads will rise more and gain on the field points. Once they merge together, then readjust the sights and you're done.

With a properly spined arrow, field points and broadheads should have the same point of impact. If your broadheads are shooting left or right of your field points (in addition to shooting high or low), chase your fieldpoints by moving your rest left or right after getting them on the same elevation first.

Thank you M4 I agree I need to adjust my knock point. I messed with it a little bit in the middle of the season. I noticed that my arrow wasnt laying on level with the string level on vertical. I had plans of getting that adjusted after the late archery season. I think I can turn my d-loop clock wise and bring that point up to adjust where it needs to be. Thanks for the info.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Are any of you guys going to be bow hunting the late season?
    We still have this last week of muzzy, then the dxt goes back to action.
    Good luck.

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    I went out today, didn't see anything but I tried later, 10:30AM-3PM. Great conditions with hardly any wind, but such is life. Going to kick my butt out of bed in AM and try at sunrise (working 3rds really cuts into my get up and go on my off time and I want to sleep in). I won't have too many more chances to get out late season, but it is what it is. (gotta work)

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I bowhunted this evening and about 10 minutes before dark I had 3 come in. All were within range but...no clear shot. Thats just my luck. It will be wet tomorrow so it looks like wed. evening I'll be back at it. Season ends Jan.1 this year. I hate that. I wish it went all the way through Jan. 31st. No reason not to.

JDubb

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Frankfort IN
    I can say this I live in frankfort and I made a trip to WABASH IN to go to Bass and Bucks archery store. WEll worth the trip I would recomend to anyone!!!!

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    heres a few of my toys
    120_2198.jpg

shot compounds for over two decades then decided to up the fun and challenge

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    112_1901.jpg

front to back, a VoodooKustom longbow w elk antler riser, canebrake rattlesnake skins on limbs, antler limb tips too. One of a kind custom that shoots as good as it looks. 52#@28"

middle is an osage selfbow made from an osage tree off the family farm where i hunt. 50#@27"

and the back one is a recurve I made from an old PSE compound riser. Adapted to take ILF limbs. currentl ones are 44#@28" bottomed out. Its my preferred 3D rig

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    How did bowhunting go for you guys this past season?
    Mine pretty much sucked. 2011 was the first time in 23 years that I did not kill a deer with a bow. My deer sightings are way down in the limited places I can hunt.
    Oh, I had a couple opportunities [2] and that was it. One was a forky that wanted shot but after bowhunting for 39 years I let the small bucks go......so they can grow.
    Usually I can kill a doe or two. Not this year. Does were pretty scarce where I hunt.
    BTW I hunt alot. I average at least 3 days a week during archery. So not going enough is not a problem for me. Now that I have retired I can go alot more.
    I look for the # of kills to be down in In. this year. I know Ohio, Il, & Iowa are down.
    What gives here?
    On the plus side I did kill a nice doe with a muzzy and I killed a double bearded gobbler with a shotgun, so all,is not a loss. How did you guys do?

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    the deer herd has been hit hard around here the past 3-4 years. Instead of counting the number of deer I see on a hunt, I now count the number of hunts before I see a deer. Hunt Hancock county. The bonus doe tags have wiped us out. They let you use three here...in a county with a yearly harvest of less than 300 deer. I saw a TOTAL of two racks in the woods this year...

den57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Franklin, In
    I live in Johnson Co. Hunt here and in Dearborn Co. Deer sightings were the same or up slightly from last year. Was bowhunting Dearborn Co. opening day of Firearms season, seen 8 deer total with 5 of those being buck in 6 hrs of hunting. Seen deer on every hunt this year. And as I type this there are 30+ deer in a picked bean field across the road from my house along with about 10 turkey.... :D

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    I can't honestly say my season sucked. It was my first bow season and made beginner type mistakes. I had shots on 4 different deer......the first two I missed by miscalculating distance and 2nd two I missed by my arrow rest had been bumped enough to throw my arrows to the left. All clean misses so no wounded deer. I was fully drawn on a nice 8 point buck only to have him ignore me when I called for him to stop trotting, I made the hard decision to not let a arrow fly since it was a area thick with trees. That was my hardest let down ever but I feel good about it now. I was out in the woods over 20 days early season, but late season was difficult with weather and work commitments. Now I have been playing with my game cam and trapping. There's always something to do in the woods. And of course the clearance sales now are better than Christmas!

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    I found deer sightings to be down this year but blame that more on weather than anything else. This was the windiest season I can remember. I can deal with sun, rain, snow but high winds shut them down. Throughout the entire season I had 34 antlered deer give me shot opportunities. Some of that count was repeat deer on different days. One little fork counted for 5 of that number. Loosed only one arrow that was deflected and did not touch a hair.

My youngest boy did put a couple of does down for us with his muzzleloader.

Looking back, maybe I should have shot at 3 real good deer I passed on. What the heck, I got to buck hunt all year and the ones passed will put on more antler for next year.

Life is good. The preparation and countdown to next season starts NOW!

Top Bottom