• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    gosport area
    i encourage all of you to try this sport,i bow hunted as a kid,& resently had to hang up my bow due to sholder injury thinking about a cross bow.rember bows are quiet

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Dual cams feel better to me.
    FWIW I didn't think the changes big enough for somebody having a '13 to make a switch.

Yea, I could see that.
    I'm running a Mathews Conquest Prestige and like it quite a bit, but would love something with a smaller ATA...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The Creed with no accessories tips fwd bad. Reminds me of the Monster.
    The XS is better balanced.
    But nobody shoots them barebow, so the balance deal might not be any big deal.
    Just depends on what gear you bolt on.
    And how much you are willing to slap on to get it balanced in the end.
    Sucks to get a light bow, hang a bunch of heavy crap on it, and then have to add more weight for or aft to get it to behave.
    I prefer less acute string angles, gives me better head position and is what I'm used to...........but anything can be learned.
    For me, 35-37" A2A is right.

I want a new Blackwidow, and a Chill...............but even one of those would be too much to spend, considering I hunt crap ground.
    If I score the lease I want then maybe I'll get something new.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Well this last weekend, I made a hell of a mistake... I test fired a Chill and a Creed.... I think I may be selling a single stack to buy either one of those... The Chill was scary fast and quiet!

tfouty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Thought it was a little pricey at MSRP of 379.00. I have found a few on the internet for around 329.00. I don't know much about bows, a few people have suggested buying a used hunting bow and converting it to bow fishing. Thought I might be better off buying a package that was purpose built. Thanks for your input.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The constant draw weight of the Fishhawk (and similar) allows folks to shoot it at varying draw lengths, so one bow can "fit" different sized people.
    Lots of folks use low #, my buddy had a Oneida rebuilt and shaved it to 28#...................
    I guess there's no strain with such gear and heavy glass/or carbon arrows will punch fish OK.
    But man that seems light.
    I used to run a 55# recurve, and shoot all dang day.
    Compounds I like 55# too, but that for having 25# on my fingers for clean release. I use a tab, try to keep it dry :)
    Today's short axle to axle rigs of high % letoff...................they suck for a fingers shooter.
    I have shot carp with high poundage and release, and it's a fun way too................but is very hard on arrows. Even the better brand glass stuff just gets pounded over time and turns to scrap.
    Put together a Samick Sage limb/Cartel Triple Riser, 45#.................was 62" long and I thought the length too long, and the poundage too light.
    I wouldn't shoot carp with a recurve less than 50# and a length over 56"......but I draw at or just over 28".
    The long Sage/Cartel worked OK though

tohyz.jpg

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    The St. Anthony Conservation Club is having our annual archery shoot on March 22nd. We will have a 30 target course, as well as bow poker, a half pot shoot, and a prize target (either shoot with a bow or throw darts for non shooters) that is almost guaranteed to win something every time. We will have food and drinks available at the main building and halfway through the course. We will have many vendors on hand, such as Parker Bows, Hypnotic Game Calls, and Duckville Imagery, and many others. There will also be a live demonstration of chainsaw carving at 1:00 PM. Lots of activities for shooters as well as non shooters. Any questions can be posted here or sent in a PM to me.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My kid with the messed up shoulder still wants to shoot bow (surgery supposedly OK, full heal, but she tried some bows and compression had her down for a few days).

Was thinking something on the light side # wise, she can do 40, but even 30 was a bit much (not in getting it done repeatedly then, it was the pain the days after).
    Saw a Hoyt Rukus Jr.

Maxes out at 29#. Thought it might be a decent starter (With Fletchunter release and K tech stabilizer of course) ;)

Anybody get one for their kid?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Got what I think is an old Pearson riser. Dead compound, buddy salvaged the riser for me.
    Think it might warf with no plates needed.
    Not going ILF, have Samick Sage limbs laying around (BTW< slughtly narrower than my Blackwidow HS limbs, I think I could make one fit the lower with just hole mods, but the upper would take a partial carrier to be made).

I gotta get some delrin and make .135" washers to lay in the old halfround pockets (sides) to align the limbs. Think it'll end up around 40# and 64".

Top Bottom