• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I think the issue no one wants to talk about is the city machine/criminal constituency relationship. I hear all the time about how the residents of these areas don't want the crime, but each election many communities simply double down and keep the same machine in power that does nothing to help them. Why?

Do the voting citizens have such an attachment to criminals and antipathy to law enforcement that they are willing see thier neighborhoods becoming more like an Escape from NY movie set? There certainly is leadership out there that will gladly bleed communities dry while providing them with this scenario.
    Don't forget the "principled" white liberals who vote for this stuff. If you look at neighborhoods like Fountain Square in Indianapolis, just as one example, there's actually a "renaissance" of young, white, liberal 20- and 30- somethings falling over themselves to live there. Eventually, when they mature enough to get a brain and want good schools for their kids, they'll move outward into the burbs. But right now, they just have dogs to walk. At any given time, there's enough of them, combined with criminals' families, welfare recipients, and rich downtown white liberals, that The Machine can continue to prosper.

And the above poster was correct, the rot will move outward. Obama style HUD policies have already anticipated it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Don't forget the "principled" white liberals who vote for this stuff. If you look at neighborhoods like Fountain Square in Indianapolis, just as one example, there's actually a "renaissance" of young, white, liberal 20- and 30- somethings falling over themselves to live there. Eventually, when they mature enough to get a brain and want good schools for their kids, they'll move outward into the burbs. But right now, they just have dogs to walk. At any given time, there's enough of them, combined with criminals' families, welfare recipients, and rich downtown white liberals, that The Machine can continue to prosper.

And the above poster was correct, the rot will move outward. Obama style HUD policies have already anticipated it.

While I've never known any personally, I've wondered how the young urban white liberals react to brutal home invasions and muggings of their peers.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Other media say Walmarts outside Portland city limits but in metro area will remain open (for now…) but last two in the City will close by end of March.

Abridged version:

POS thugs burn, loot, murder.
    Businesses decide "**** that. Gone".
    POS thugs cry "racism" or some such bull****.

Reactions: Leo

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    While I've never known any personally, I've wondered how the young urban white liberals react to brutal home invasions and muggings of their peers.
    Me too. Probably frequent property theft, more than more violent stuff, but I suspect they just move out, and are replaced by another eager and willing buyer.

Top Bottom