• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    i picked up a bottle of JD that was labled Scenes from Lynchburg, (not scenes from nashville like i originaly posted). It was a little more pricey then regular old no.7 so i figured it was a single barel, limited run or just something different so i bought it. So now im just trying to look up what it actually is and having no luck. All i can find is that its a bottle collectors #ed set and mine is # 7 of the 11 or 12 bottle collection. Bottled for sale in 2005. I can not find any info on the actual whisky. The ABV is 43 vs regular jack which is only 40 so its not just a different label.

Anyone have a clue? I have not opened it yet, as my luck would be it was extremly rare and worth a mint and i opened it making it worthless.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most higher end versions of commercial whiskeys are a little higher in proof. Don't know if there's technical reason for that or just marketing.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    OP, if you'll check again, I think you'll find that the bottle is a Scenes from Lynchburg series. A quick look up shows that these are nice collectors items. One site in the UK has your particular bottle listed as going for almost 80 pounds. That's about $150, (even though they have a lot of taxes added on). If it were mine, I would put it on a shelf and not crack it. Get a bottle of Gentleman Jack for everyday drinking and let the collectible sit.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    OP, if you'll check again, I think you'll find that the bottle is a Scenes from Lynchburg series. A quick look up shows that these are nice collectors items. One site in the UK has your particular bottle listed as going for almost 80 pounds. That's about $150, (even though they have a lot of taxes added on). If it were mine, I would put it on a shelf and not crack it. Get a bottle of Gentleman Jack for everyday drinking and let the collectible sit.

i swear i hadnt even had a drink yet. Lmao. Yes you are correct sir it is Scenes from Lynchburg. I have gentleman jack, single barel jack and about a dozen other top shelf bottles of burbon on the shelf already as well. I think i will leave this one sealed but im still curious as to whats actually in it. Ive had it for about a year now and just happen to pick it up and get to thinking.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Meh, whisky is pointless if you just keep it on shelf and look at it. Someone might buy it from you later, or maybe it is worth something... then again - whisky is pointless if just kept on display on a shelf -

Top Bottom