• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Who cares if he's Islam? There's a difference between Islam and Radical Islam. Dislike the guy for the crap he does, not who he prays to.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I would care if he lied about it.

It bothers you when a politician lies? You must REALLY hate politics... :):

I do get what you're saying, but of all the lies a politician may tell, i'm not to worried about this one in particular...

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Understood, but how much closer to the absolute truth does this thread get us? Now the OP has signed off without even providing his own assessment, but has left the raw meat for the pack to fight over.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It bothers you when a politician lies? You must REALLY hate politics...

There are a variety of things we mean when we say that a politician lies.

If they say they're going to repeal healthcare when they know it's poltically unlikely, okay, that may be a lie technically, but it's the kind they all do.

If they spin something so as to put the best shine on it, streching the truth to the point of breaking, okay, that may be a lie technically, but it's the kind they all do.

If they say, "I was never at that meeting and knew nothing about it," when they actually were at that meeting, or when they say under oath they didn't have sex with someone, or if they claimed to be one religion when really they believed in and belong to another religion, that's a lie in the way it's commonly meant, and not the way we use it for politicians.

For the record, I don't think Obama is a Muslim.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Understood, but how much closer to the absolute truth does this thread get us? Now the OP has signed off without even providing his own assessment, but has left the raw meat for the pack to fight over.

No closer to the truth. But you signed off above on a line of reasoning that I disagree with, and I think is worth discussing, since you guys brought it up. :)

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    If they spin something so as to put the best shine on it...
    by
    ...claim(ing) to be one religion when really they believed in and belong to another religion...

You would say that lie is "not the way we use it for politicians."? Even though I agree with you in the fact that I don't feel Obama is a Muslim, if he was, don't you think he'd increase his chances of being elected if all the sheeple thought he was a good Christian? I don't see that lie as any worse than the others you posted to be "acceptable". Heck, I'd prefer hearing that lie over any of the other ones you mentioned. Why should I care who the person in charge prays to? That doesn't effect me in the least, whereas having them say they are going to do something if elected and then back out of it because it's not "good for politics" could very well effect me! :twocents:

Last edited:

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    What do you think?

Well I would say out of the 2 mins I watched. Some of it sounded cut down and edited. Meaning yea a lot of it he probably said, but, the editing may have made it something it wasn't contextually. On a side note politics has made my head spin with all the spin so bad I'm almost disinterested. Which isn't good.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    No closer to the truth. But you signed off above on a line of reasoning that I disagree with, and I think is worth discussing, since you guys brought it up. :)

I don't think I exactly "signed off" as being in total agreement. I was simply pleased to read what I considered to be a thoughtful view about the thread. Anyone who lies can be considered untrustworthy, but as it relates to the President's religion, I believe this will be a question for most as long as they live.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Who cares if he's Islam? There's a difference between Islam and Radical Islam. Dislike the guy for the crap he does, not who he prays to.

I wouldn't care, I do care that he is or isn't lying about it. Based on his track record alone, I bet he is lying.

^
    Yes this.

I feel the guy is a liar. For example if he was an American citizen what was with all the drama and all the delays in proving it? Give me enough time and resources I bet I can provide proof and witness that Im any nationality you pick.

It bothers you when a politician lies? You must REALLY hate politics... :):

I do get what you're saying, but of all the lies a politician may tell, i'm not to worried about this one in particular...

I agree you would be hard pressed to find a politician that isn't a liar. But with this guy he is a deceiver on a whole new level.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Actually, islam IS a form of government. The islamic form of government contradicts our American "power resides in the people" form of government. islam does not permit to many individual freedoms. As far a BHO practicing the islamic faith, I have no idea what motivates him. Nor do I care, but his cabinet, and supreme court justice appointments sicken me. It's also probably more beneficial to pray to a God who can actually hear ya. IMO

Last edited:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I agree you would be hard pressed to find a politician that isn't a liar. But with this guy he is a deceiver on a whole new level.

Admittedly, I am not well versed in the lies Obama has told. My whole point is that I don't feel people should be extremely upset if they find out a politician is not the religion they claim to be. To me, that falls into the whole "separation of church and state". The religion of someone is not my concern. I would be more focused on other lies that might actually effect me somehow. Again, this is just my :twocents:.

Actually, islam IS a form of government. The islamic faith contradicts our American "power resides in the people" form of government. islam does not permit to many individual freedoms. As far a BHO practicing the islamic faith, I have no idea what motivates him. Nor do I care, but his cabinet, and supreme court justice appointments sicken me. It's also probably more beneficial to pray to a God who can actually hear ya. IMO

Again, I must mention the separation of church and state. Just because he is not a "God fearin' Christian" does it mean that he's going to go against American's way of govt. solely because of his religion... I'm not saying he won't do that, but just don't blame Islam. ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom