• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    There have been several subjects these last few weeks that I have wanted to write about, but I have not had the time because I was tied up with finals and all that goes along with the end of the semester for an adult returning student. I am happy to report that I have as of last night finished my last final for this semester and have achieved 2 B's and 2 A's I am happy with that ill take it...

I had the opportunity at a closed shoot at Indy Trading Post to try out a couple of AllenM's home built 1911's. I wish I had pictures of the firearms to post but I do not Allen has however posted pics of both firearms I tried elsewhere on the forum. Both were kit guns he built himself.

First I have something to say about Allen and who he is. Allen is a man who is soft spoken, intuitive, thoughtful, and selfless he is also a perfectionist in his craft. He reminds me of my father in this respect. He pays great attention to detail and his ability to manipulate his medium rather it be metal or wood shows the work of a true master craftsman. Allen is a man of honor and integrity. I think of Allen as my friend and I am proud in that.

I have been a 1911 guy my whole life. It was ingrained into me by my father from the time I was old enough to handle a firearm. I love the 1911... Allen's 1911's are beautiful and well made the finish on both that I tried was beautiful. The up-serf was I have also always been a .45 acp guy as that is synonymous with the 1911 platform. Neither of Allens 1911's were .45acp. One was 10mm and the other was .357 Sig.

OK here is the freaky weird thing. I thought I was going to be entranced by the 10mm, I liked it but only shot it once, while the .357 sig...... I don't know what to say, I love the .45 acp but the .357 sig might be the God made perfect marriage in heaven of 1911 to ammunition. I have never in my life fired a round in the 1911 that felt more right..

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    WTH????
    heh, nice post but caught me by surprise :) Thanks for the kind words.
    I have to admit also the 357 sig in the commander 1911 was a shock when I shot it on how great of a combo it really is.
    I am curious now what it would be like in a 5"

Top Bottom