• ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Lemme guess? "Eeet aint loaded!"
    I had an older gentleman looking for a holster for a 38 Snubby once and when I asked him what model he had he quickly pulled if from his pocket and had it pointed right at my gut before I grabbed it and twisted it out of his hand. He said “why’d you do that for, it ain’t loaded?!” I opened the cylinder and dumped 5 old, slightly greenish, 38 Special 158 gr round nose lead cartridges into my hand. I think he was truly shocked and became quite embarrassed. I said a few things I immediately regretted and most activity in the shop stopped and it got very quiet. He mumbled something and left and he he didn’t come back for a long time. That was about as close as I’ve come to getting ventilated.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Now, I know that there is a lot of embellishment that occurs on this group and I am aware that a small number of things are perhaps sheer fabrication, but I have a story to tell that is the absolute truth. Funniest damn thing that has ever happened to me.

A couple of weeks ago we decided to cruise out to Ryan's Steakhouse for dinner. It was a Wednesday night which means that macaroni and beef was on the hot bar...

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I worked at a rather large gun store in Mishawaka several years ago. I was on one side of the store helping a customer, when I heard a shot go off on the other side of the store. We were always told to have our heads on a swivel because you never know who is coming in the store and what their intentions are. I didn't have time to think. My gun was out of my holster and at the low ready and I was across the showroom in less than 5 seconds. One other employee did the same thing but came from the back of the store. Everyone else in the store (employees and customers) were completely frozen in shock.

Turns out, some idiot customer decided to try out new holsters with his loaded XDM .45 and put a hole right in the floor.
    I was at the 1500 several years ago when we heard a loud 'pop' and as we turned around and looked, one could see clear across the area as nearly everyone was on the ground (ducked down.) There were two guys across the space standing next to each other and one of them (a vendor, I believe) who had un-holstered his .40 caliber Glock pistol, removed the magazine, aimed it at the floor, and pulled the trigger - with the goal of showing the other guy how easy it was to disassemble the Glock platform. Needless to say, he had failed to eject the cartridge in the chamber prior to pulling the trigger. The ricocheting bullet came back up off the concrete floor and struck his hand, the one holding the pistol, and badly damaged or severed a finger. Whoopsie-daisy!

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was at the 1500 several years ago when we heard a loud 'pop' and as we turned around and looked, one could see clear across the area as nearly everyone was on the ground (ducked down.) There were two guys across the space standing next to each other and one of them (a vendor, I believe) who had un-holstered his .40 caliber Glock pistol, removed the magazine, aimed it at the floor, and pulled the trigger - with the goal of showing the other guy how easy it was to disassemble the Glock platform. Needless to say, he had failed to eject the cartridge in the chamber prior to pulling the trigger. The ricocheted bullet came back up off the concrete floor and struck his hand, the one holding the pistol, and badly damaged or severed a finger. Whoopsie-daisy!

Good, stupid should hurt ;)

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    “Everyone jumped and few women squealed”

That sounds like song lyrics?

Why do women squeal when startled?
    (Verse 1)
    In the town of Dusty Gulch, where the tumbleweeds roll,
    Lived a man named Jed, with a heart made of gold.
    He rode in on a stallion, with a six-gun at his side,
    Ready to face any outlaw with a swagger and pride.

(Chorus)
    Everyone jumped and few women squealed,
    When Jed walked into town, his fate was sealed.
    With a drawl in his voice and a glint in his eye,
    He was the law of the land, 'neath the big western sky.

(Verse 2)
    One day a bandit came, with trouble on his mind,
    He challenged Jed to a duel, leaving no room to hide.
    But Jed stood his ground, with a calm, steady hand,
    And with a flash of lightning, he proved he was the better man.

(Chorus)
    When Jed drew his gun, his fate was revealed.
    With a crack of thunder and a cloud of dust,
    He sent that outlaw running, in a fit of disgust.

(Bridge)
    From that day forward, Dusty Gulch was at peace,
    For Jed was the sheriff, and his justice would not cease.
    He rode through the canyons, with a righteous flame,
    And the legend of Jed echoed through the plains.

(Chorus)
    For Jed was the hero, with nerves of steel.
    With a yippee-ki-yay and a rebel yell,
    He kept the wild west safe, and all was well.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Now, I know that there is a lot of embellishment that occurs on this group and I am aware that a small number of things are perhaps sheer fabrication, but I have a story to tell that is the absolute truth. Funniest damn thing that has ever happened to me.

A couple of weeks ago we decided to cruise out to Ryan's Steakhouse for dinner. It was a Wednesday night which means that macaroni and beef was on the hot bar...
    Was it smashed as my 3 bags of Milano Pepperidge Farm cookies, that Amazon shipped in the same box with a 12 pack of cans of Hormel Breakfast Sausage Hash that was delivered yesterday?

Cookie dust never tasted so good.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Wondering if anyone else has had this kind of experience.
    Yeah, lots of times.
    Started right after coming home from my first real harry post 9/11 deployment.
    20+ years of cold war + piece time training gave me skills... but it was having to use them for real that put me on edge.
    Been retired since 2009 though. I train a lot less now because my uncle doesn't give me free ammo any more.
    Also, I live in a pretty quiet little rural farming community.
    Surprises can (and often do) still set me off like that... but I don't react (over-react) as quickly these days.
    Until the S hits TF... I think that's probably a good thing.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Hmm, I believe the closest I ever came to drawing (at least on a human) was:
    It was a few years ago at a convenient store a little outside the city limits. I just went in there for some Snapple, and as I walked in there was some guy with a whole arm full of various candies that they sold talking to one of the clerks. I thought that was a little weird, but nothing to noteworthy. Anyway I get my Snapple and I am holding it in my right hand. Mr. candy guy then goes back to the candy aisle, and as I'm looking at something, he grabs my left arm right below the wrist and starts saying "hey I think I know you".

Obviously startled by this I look at his face to do a quick assessment. It didn't have any malice and was exceptionally jovial, however it was obvious he wasn't operating on all cylinders. He started talking to me about stuff, however I can't recall what he said as I was in the middle of my OODA Loop. I decided to casually put my Snapple in between my left bicep and my chest while my right hand went in my pocket. My mind went back to an ASP video where someone was able to successfully draw their gun on an attacker who already had their gun drawn by casually drawing with one hand while the other is doing something visibly with an object.

At the time I was carrying a full frame .40 Glock (this was before I carried a holster. It was only a little bit after I started carrying, and yes I carry with a holster now), so while he talked, my hand was wrapped around the gun ready to go in less than a second. Candy guy didn't even look down and started making fun of my hat, which was a PPU Privi Partizan ammo hat. He was saying things like "I have to go PP" or childish stuff like that. It was obvious he didn't mean any harm, but was definitely partaking of the substances. He then let go of my arm to show me some sort of candy dispenser that had a plastic dinosaur head that opened its mouth when you pull a trigger.

He then walks off and goes back to the clerk where he takes out a toy squirt gun that shoots some sort of colored candy liquid and yells "stick em' up!". Let's just say I wasn't the only customer carrying. While two other guys nearly drew their pistols, I was more interested in making sure this guy wasn't a distraction. Anyways, the clerk finally got him to leave after some pressure and some choice words from one of the customers. After that we all talked about what had happened, and discussed guns with the other gentlemen that were carrying. The clerk expressed that she wishes all three of us frequented the store more often as she expressed she was as helpless as a deer in the headlights.

Top Bottom