• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    This video is part of a documentary about Richard Louis “Dick” Proenneke, a naturalist and survivalist who lived alone high in the mountains of Alaska at a place called Twin Lakes.

This video has obviously been around for a while, but it is well worth watching. What this guy does with simple hand tools puts me with my power tools to shame. When SHTF hand tools and the knowledge of how to use them will be very valuable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iYJKd0rkKss

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Caught this on PBS one early morning at the station. I stayed over an hour after my shift ended to see the whole thing.

There is something about the narration and the scenes that really speak to me on a level I can't describe. I have the feeling I'm not the only one who experiences this and that's why it is still popular years after it was released. Sounds kinda gay but it gives me hope that there's still places like this even today where you can go and start all over if need be.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Huge fan. I was born on the same calendar day Dick hung the door on his cabin (different year). At one poitn I even had yeast from the same sourdough strain Dick used (had it mailed to me by a friend of his) but did a bad job of keeping my yeast culture alive. The wood hinges he did on the door were just awesome.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My favorite is how we makes a lock and key for the door. By whittling them from wood. WHITTLING THEM FROM WOOD!

Top Bottom