• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I am having a difficult time finding Marlin brand magazines for my 795. Does anyone else produce compatible magazines for the Marlin? I am not looking for high capacity. 10 round is good, and I would settle for 7.

Thanks.

LS6

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I am having a difficult time finding Marlin brand magazines for my 795. Does anyone else produce compatible magazines for the Marlin? I am not looking for high capacity. 10 round is good, and I would settle for 7.

Thanks.

LS6

From what I have seen, none of the aftermarket magazines are reliable or durable. This may sound strange, but have you tried Wal-Mart? I live in the Fort Wayne area and many of the Wal-Marts in this area carry Marlin and Remington .22lr mags.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    From what I have seen, none of the aftermarket magazines are reliable or durable. This may sound strange, but have you tried Wal-Mart? I live in the Fort Wayne area and many of the Wal-Marts in this area carry Marlin and Remington .22lr mags.

Thanks for the information. I tried my LGS (4 of them) but did not think of Walmart. It is certainly worth a shot. Thanks again.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    The Marlin .22 LR X-Magazine for post 96 auto loaders will fit as will the Papoose magazines. Both 7 shot. I've seen the 10 shot versions of the X-magazine at Big R .

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    I bought 2 extras when I bought mine at Rural King in Marion.
    I get over there about once a week, and they havent gotten any in since.

Id think right now, anywhere you could backorder them would be a good deal. I know when I bought mine, Midway was a couple dollars more, but if they will take a backorder for them, or anyone else, it might be worth it.

Ive currently got 2 Pro-mag mags on backorder with Pro-mag....we will see...its been quite a while so far and no updates. Dont know if I will ever use a 25 rounder all that often, but figured since I was backordering other stuff, why not...lol.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    You might try Promag. Took about 8 weeks, but I got a shipping notification mid week last week. Should be here in a couple more days.
    I still havent seen any at Big R. Could be worth asking at Dunhams or MC Sports if you have one....they both sell the 795.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    You might try Promag. Took about 8 weeks, but I got a shipping notification mid week last week. Should be here in a couple more days.
    I still havent seen any at Big R. Could be worth asking at Dunhams or MC Sports if you have one....they both sell the 795.

What promag is compatible?

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    What promag is compatible?
    MAR-A1
    http://www.promagindustries.com/product-p/mar-a1.htm
    Has gotten a bunch of good reviews from other sites. For some reason, a bunch of people are pissed at Promag for their wait time, even though they tell you about it on the main page, and are leaving negative feedback because of it, so dont go by the sites feedback unless you read through all the comments....

Ive got two of them on the way and two M&P15-22 mags too, though my need for them disappeared, so Ill be selling them.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    MAR-A1
    http://www.promagindustries.com/product-p/mar-a1.htm
    Has gotten a bunch of good reviews from other sites. For some reason, a bunch of people are pissed at Promag for their wait time, even though they tell you about it on the main page, and are leaving negative feedback because of it, so dont go by the sites feedback unless you read through all the comments....

Ive got two of them on the way and two M&P15-22 mags too, though my need for them disappeared, so Ill be selling them.

Thanks for the info I will check it out

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Gander Mountain has carried the 10 round nickel plated magazines for the 795 in the past. After my first Appleseed shoot I realized that having a third magazine would be nice and I picked one up there. It wasn't cheap - I think I had to pay almost $20 for it at Gander and since then I've stumbled across them here and there and picked up another 4 or 5 for about $11 each; but when I needed that one, that was where I found it locally.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Gander Mountain has carried the 10 round nickel plated magazines for the 795 in the past. After my first Appleseed shoot I realized that having a third magazine would be nice and I picked one up there. It wasn't cheap - I think I had to pay almost $20 for it at Gander and since then I've stumbled across them here and there and picked up another 4 or 5 for about $11 each; but when I needed that one, that was where I found it locally.
    I visited castleton GM yesterday, they had no Marlin magazines. Ditto for Dicks and Walmart:(

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Marlin 795 10 round mags available at Midway NOW. Limit 2, but that should get you through the Appleseed.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I got 2 of the promags. I cannot say they were flawless, but I was shooting crap Winchester and I did not have any malfunctions that could have been due to the magazine. My Marlin HATES Winchester 555 with a passion. It does love CCI though.

Top Bottom