• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Alright guys and gals, though I have been on this forum a short time, I feel that INGO is my home/main forum.I maybe a member of 4 other forums but INGO I consider home base.When I need a laugh or info I pop onto INGO. I have met a lot of great people here and I thought that we all shared the same feeling of loyalty.So I was on another forum with a local Indiana section and there was a post asking about what screen names they used on INGO. I was shocked to see some INGO members talk smack about it.
    Mods, if this post is improper, please remove it..But here is the link.By the way my screen name on this other forum is CetmeMI.
    What's your screen name on INGO? - Page 1 - AR15.COM

WHA waa what ever.

Speaking of talking "smack" behind some one's back, why didn't you just call them on it to their "screen" face where and when you see it?

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    haters.gif

Sometimes it's deserved, sometimes it isn't.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Back when I was a new gun owner, I looked for firearms forums because I wanted to know specifics about carry laws, off limit places, etc. I also wanted to get together with local gun owners. I always wanted an Indiana specific forum to belong to, but couldn't find any. So, I started out calling packing.org my home (anyone remember that one?) until it crashed and burned. Tried Arfcom, but really didn't fit in there, although they did help me build my first AR. Then I went to GlockTalk and participated a little, but mainly kept an eye on the Indiana specific forum.

I stopped participating in forums entirely for a while because I just couldn't find one that was specific to Indiana, with Indiana laws and info. Then one day rhino posted on GlockTalk that he had been spending a lot of time at this place called INGO. I checked it out and have been hooked ever since.

Now, whenever I get on the computer, I check my email, briefly see what's new on Facebook, then spend the rest of the day here.

INGO rocks! :ingo:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    <-------- number of posts...........

Check all other gun related boards for user "printcraft"

Look at scant number of posts........ I read, just don't really have anything to add.

Yeah, INGO is my home page.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Came here in early December of 2011. I have made some great contacts and met some really good folks. My learning curve has went vertical and it has stayed that way. Something new added everyday. The political and tactical discussions are always top shelf and the dweebs seem to weed themselves out. The survival threads have gotten me going again in that area as well. I find that more often than not folks on here are knowledgeable, ready to share their knowledge and help expand my understanding of our passion, guns.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    INGO is my main forum that I continue to come back to just because it's always active and engaging. I thought when I moved to Texas that I would find a good local forum but alas, nothing has compared to INGO yet.

Maybe they're are a few more rules than other forums, but nothing that's impossible to follow. I've been infracted before but didn't get all butthurt about it.

As far as ARFCOM, I have an account, but there's just so much info on there and I don't feel like there's a good way to manage and read it all.

Here on INGO, I can get to what I want and get good quality answers from great people!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    So, you are saying that if someone just wants to sell guns or other items. They should just stay away from forums? Some people are just not into forums. As long as they do not bother anyone, what is the big deal?

Nope - not saying that at all. I'm saying INGO is NOT a classified web site for buying and selling guns. INGO is much more its a community for gun enthusiasts, a source of knowledge and place to exchange ideas. A meeting place for events in the real world that relate to this community. A place to forge relationships if you want.

If you are the type looking for a place to solely buy and sell guns, that's gun broker and other forums, not INGO. If a person comes here just for the classifieds and ***** about the 50 post rule, then my friend that person is missing the whole point.

By the way I dont sweat the guys that come just for classifieds, that is fine. Just dont complain that you dont like the rules and dont want to play nice, proving you dont get it. Making remarks about how INGO sucks because its not just a classifieds web site.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    INGO has a much nicer interface....... some sites I can't stand being on
    just due to the fact that they are a huge clusterstuff.

The form design is easy to navigate. Big +1 to the genieasses that work on that end of it. :yesway:

I'm thankful this place does not have black backgrounds with white text.
    Those sites blow my eyes out.

QFT. I searched for Printcraft and I kept getting posts talking about a "lemon party". I don't recommend following up.

Sshhhhh!!! You'll let the air out of the balloon!

butthurt-butthurt-everywhere-jpg.25619

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    INGO has a much nicer interface....... some sites I can't stand being on
    just due to the fact that they are a huge clusterstuff.

The form design is easy to navigate. Big +1 to the genieasses that work on that end of it. :yesway:

The design is very much on purpose.

INGO is great because of the content that members provide. Therefore we want to make sure that the interface is there for the benefit of the reader. While we do like to incorporate some functionality like "rep" and "report post", we make those areas intentionally small, thereby giving maximum attention to the actual content that is posted.

The websites that attack your eyes are designed for the benefit of the poster. Its an "I want to be heard!" format that is often cluttered with insignificant functionality. Because the focus is all on the poster and not on the reader, any actual content is often lost in the mess.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Also of note is how many of those that swear off INGO still post here. Its like they can't NOT post.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Yes it is! :ingo:

The design is very much on purpose.

INGO is great because of the content that members provide. Therefore we want to make sure that the interface is there for the benefit of the reader. While we do like to incorporate some functionality like "rep" and "report post", we make those areas intentionally small, thereby giving maximum attention to the actual content that is posted.

The websites that attack your eyes are designed for the benefit of the poster. Its an "I want to be heard!" format that is often cluttered with insignificant functionality. Because the focus is all on the poster and not on the reader, any actual content is often lost in the mess.

Top Bottom