• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    :dunno:I'm looking at possibly buying another gun, heaven knows I don't need it, just want it and look at it as a possible investment. The thing is it's $14,000 and my predicament is that I have plenty of other guns I could sell off, hell I rarely shoot any of them now but I have a hard time selling them as when I got them there was a reason for it, there paid for and only eat if I feed them.
    If I want something I just buy it, should I cut back and sell some stuff to finance my next purchase or keep going down the same path? If I decide to sell some stuff what tends to be sought after? It feels like I'm selling my kids on the few occasions I have sold something.
    So am I an addict? If so what's the cure?waaa2

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, we share a common affliction and no, there is no cure. You can only feed the habit and yes, it is a habit hard to break.
    Until 2002 I held onto my guns with a passion. My 1st "X" cleaned me out in 1978 and I never got them back.
    When I replaced and built up my collection they were special to me. We hit exceptionally hard times in 2002 due to illness and I had to sell off all but 1 to keep the lights on. I have rebounded (again) but I find it is very easy to sell/trade them now. My safe is a work in progress with ever changing residents save for the 1 gun I kept when I was seriously ill and the 1 my uncle passed to me.
    If you have the funds buy the new piece. If you want it badly enough then sell a few if you can cut the heart strings.
    Best of luck in this.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    There is a meeting for people with this addiction. We meet at the range as often as possible. It doesn't really help with the buying/selling/trading/collecting, but it sure is fun!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The boss has me on a strict 1 gun a yr purchase. Soon I will be vacuum packing and storing in my crawl space. I'm addicted to 3rd and 2nd gen Smith semi's.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    There is no cure. Just invite your fellow addicts over to play with your new $14,000 toy.

And remember.....
    :postpics:

Play with them? About all I do is buy them and put them in the safes, doesn't mean they can't be played with though, all I have to do is step outside to do it. Pictures? Of what? The gun I'm thinking of buying I haven't seen but FYI it's a new in the box transferable Tippman 1919 beltfed 22.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    The boss has me on a strict 1 gun a yr purchase. Soon I will be vacuum packing and storing in my crawl space. I'm addicted to 3rd and 2nd gen Smith semi's.
    Do you know how many guns you own? Do you know if you have ammunition for all the different calibers? Do you have ammunition you don't have guns for? NO/NO/YES

Are you still an addict?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Do not feel bad. Go ahead and get what you want class weapons can only go up in price as the laws limit the newer models from competing with the old ones.

Get this my mother cleaned out the closet of my bedroom in 2009. Among the finds she called to have me pickup was a
    "planet of the apes lunch box and trash can" a Pete rose signed baseball and a like new 10-22 I had bought in 1985 when I forgot
    my lever 22 in the kitchen and went on a tree rat hunt around Evansville. It was in my bedroom closet 24 years. I never remembered I had even bought it. With my fishing tackle in an action packer was 3 bricks of federal lighting 22 ammo with 12.39 price tags on them i must have bought at a tackle shop some time. One brick had a purple worm melted to the outside of the box.

that is when you know you have a problem. When you do not remember guns purchase 20 p
    odd years ago and ammo shows up in places where you did not expect it.

Give it a while it will catch up with you also.

Top Bottom