• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Just like they tell kids about the bad feeling someone gives you if they touch you in the wrong place. If it feels bad it is bad. Same thing here, this whole thing stinks. :xmad: I would go to other parents and see if any other kids have complained and get stronger in numbers then I would go to the Media first then the Principal and I would tell the Principal I no we have already reported this to the Media and the School Board is next. That way he cannot sweep anything under the rug. You are always stronger in numbers. I can't beleive this is going on with all the Media coverage on this same topic. Good luck and remember pics are evidence and are in your favor to put these guys down. I wont call them names cause there are no names for these guys. They need to be jailed and never work around kids again.:twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Now if this happened to my son I would wait for the appropriate time when I knew I could have a very private discussion off of school property with the "coach". I firmly believe that two adult mature men can come to agreement on a corrective course of action regarding unappropriate behavior when they have the opportunity to discuss such situations face to face...alone. No need to involve possible video taping or audio recordings or other people. I have found that a vast majority of the time the two adult mature men come away from this course of action with a genuine understanding of one another and the problem never occurs again.

I agree, but IMO no one who does something like this on a regular basis is in any way mature. I've seen teenagers with more class and leadership capabilities.

Talk to other parents, get their support on this. I would wager the principle and superintendent would be more bendable if they saw a dozen angry parents calling the local newspaper.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Talk to coach and get the whole story and speak your peace. If that doesn't work, go to the school.

Why are people so fearing of speaking to the offender directly these days? Speaking doesn't mean yelling.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Also that's a sexual offense. He needs to be charged with something. Don't you wish you could OC on school grounds

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like it is time to beat that coaches ass... He may have "power" over my son, but not me.

That of course won't get you anywhere because we live in a generation of sissified man-boys who will press charges if you look at them wrong. So in light of that, I would go into the school and speak to the principal in person. I would tell him how upset you are about it and that you want to see the coach in person with the principal and dress him down verbally.

Just don't forget that a school zone, even in your car is a firearm free zone. So don't forget to leave your CCW at home. I have made the mistake of carrying my folding knife in places like that and people see the clip on my pocket and have a conniption.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Also that's a sexual offense. He needs to be charged with something. Don't you wish you could OC on school grounds
    [STRIKE]
    You may wish to re-think why you carry at all if you use your weapon for intimidation. :rolleyes:[/STRIKE]

I just saw that you are 13... So here is the modified version:

You should not carry to intimidate... The only reason to carry is for protection. But you have a good long while before you can get a LTCH so I am sure you will learn that in time. :yesway:

Last edited:

Wolfe28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Sports build character.

Yes, by learning to pick yourself up after a loss, by learning to work as a team, and by learning to push yourself to be your best (for the record, the same things happen when your in a musical group, but that's a different post). This particular coach is completely out of line. Having worked with several coaches, both good and bad (and one was an assistant to Bobby Knight), this type of behavior is deplorable.

You are absolutely correct that this behavior should **** you off.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This guy intimidated these kids! I think he would think twice if he knew someone might be armed

Totally the wrong attitude to have about why we have firearms. :(

Yes, something needs to be done. But not intimidation with a weapon.

I understand you are young, and I am not the mentoring type, but you need to really reevaluate why you want to carry a firearm. I am sure that someone on here is better at mentoring and has some good words of wisdom.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Totally the wrong attitude to have about why we have firearms. :(

Yes, something needs to be done. But not intimidation with a weapon.

I understand you are young, and I am not the mentoring type, but you need to really reevaluate why you want to carry a firearm. I am sure that someone on here is better at mentoring and has some good words of wisdom.

I see your point, but I still keep my view that I'd there is a firearm in the area crimes are less likely to be committed. And he basically violated the law

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I see your point, but I still keep my view that I'd there is a firearm in the area crimes are less likely to be committed. And he basically violated the law

Firearms are used to stop forcible felonies. Any other time, they are an unused tool.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Talk to coach and get the whole story and speak your peace. If that doesn't work, go to the school.

Why are people so fearing of speaking to the offender directly these days? Speaking doesn't mean yelling.

My opinion? The coach isn't the problem. The lack of leadership from the principal is. The issue with the coach is the result.

Top Bottom