Am I the only one to get sick that isn't getting better?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Possibly but I didn't read it until today so while it may have merit that it may have prevented it...now I need something to treat the symptoms so I can get some relief while fighting it off

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    You are clearly good and infected. Post #32 states time for the fish antibiotics. They are the same as human. If you order right now you might have them by the morning. I'd take for 10 to 14 days. Or you can go c your dr tomorrow and get on them. Don't take the bs from the dr about waiting 2 weeks to see if you get better.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    And I thought I was the only one to get this crud. I was down 22 days after seeing the doc. I've never been this sick. Eight days straight of a non stop fever of 101 to 102 despite the Z-pac, steroids, and albuterol. After the first 5-6 days I honestly wouldn't have given myself but a 50/50 chance making it through this stuff. Not the flu or viral according to the doc, and was treated as pneumonia. It started March 11th and I'm just now feeling about 85%. PowerAid and Mucinex DM also helped.

I think it was a Russian bacterial attack personally .

I'm surprised I haven't heard of anyone dying from this stuff.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Whatever this crud is, it SUCKS! Hopefully with some warmer temps this weekend that might help some. I know Dr's claim weather doesn't cause any of this, but too often I can go from one climate to another and symptoms change (outside- inside or inside the truck with the defrost cranked up). May bite the proverbial bullet and go to med check today.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Don't let them send you away with just 1 z pac. You will need at least 10 to 14 days. I went 14 days to be sure.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So after a dang near sleepless night, and general crummy feeling I took another dose of this allergy med and have had some relief today. I was even talked into sharpening blades on my dads deere..so I chose not to go to med check. Guess we'll see where this goes

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Your story sounds normal for everyone I've talked to that has been sick this Winter (family and I included). It took FOREVER to get over it.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well, I do believe I am over it - mostly.

Still have an occasional cough but otherwise feeling fine. Took long enough!

I can sleep through the night without codeine and all is good on that front.

Now the pollen count is getting high and my allergies will start to kick in.

For all those still with issues all I can say is, "It will end. Rest, relax, take your dope, eat well and be patient."

Regards,

Doug

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    If I may be so bold as to suggest that taking Vitamin D is the best preventive for all kinds of respiratory ailments. I take it all year except for the summer when I get a lot of sun. We very rarely have colds, never get the flu. It might help you get over these things also but I believe it is mostly a preventive rather than a cure.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a vitamin D deficiency so the doc has me on some once pill once a week Vit D supplement.
    Got a little more sleep last night but woke up with some massive sinus pressure and a bad headache. Ended up taking a nap afyer taking some ibuprofen and headache was gone. Been able to breathe a little easier today...so far

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Just got over it mostly yesterday but still have some cough lingering. I feel for you. It sucked. Can't remember the last time I felt that bad for that long. Had the headaches, etc.

Started with an awful sore throat. Two Dr. Apts and they still couldn't figure it out. I took garlic, echinacea and cold-eze (zinc) lozenges to boost my immunity. That helped.

It really sucked going to bed sick then waking up sick day after day.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Just got over it mostly yesterday but still have some cough lingering. I feel for you. It sucked. Can't remember the last time I felt that bad for that long. Had the headaches, etc.

Started with an awful sore throat. Two Dr. Apts and they still couldn't figure it out. I took garlic, echinacea and cold-eze (zinc) lozenges to boost my immunity. That helped.

It really sucked going to bed sick then waking up sick day after day.

If you are interested in boosting your immunity system google, L-LYSINE. One of the finest and cheapest ways to help your immune system. You can spend $4.00 at Walmart for the 1000 mg size. I take between 2 and 4000 mg daily. I been taking L-Lysine for many years and can't remember the last time my wife or I have had the flu or a cold.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    If you are interested in boosting your immunity system google, L-LYSINE. One of the finest and cheapest ways to help your immune system. You can spend $4.00 at Walmart for the 1000 mg size. I take between 2 and 4000 mg daily. I been taking L-Lysine for many years and can't remember the last time my wife or I have had the flu or a cold.

Thanks! :yesway:

I most always start the 'immune boost' regiment at the first sign of a cold etc. but this time I didn't and went to the Dr. instead. $140 Dr. Apts + Rx later and I probably should have stayed with what worked- for me at least.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Thanks! :yesway:

I most always start the 'immune boost' regiment at the first sign of a cold etc. but this time I didn't and went to the Dr. instead. $140 Dr. Apts + Rx later and I probably should have stayed with what worked- for me at least.

I take L-Lysine every day. 1000 mg in the am and again at night. If I ever feel a core sore on my mouth beginning to develop or otherwise feel as if I am getting sick I will take another 2 to 4000 mg during the day. I can assure you will never get a fever blister on your mouth if you take Lysine as SOON AS YOU FEEL THAT "STING" on your lip.

Top Bottom