• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    Like the others, I refuse to bash Glocks. No one can deny they are great firearms, but they dont fit my hand well in any of the configurations that are offered. I like the ergonomics of the XD's and 1911s. I own a few Glocks, but I have never been able to get completely comfortable with them. They dont point naturally like my XDs and 1911s.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Glocks don't really "fit" anyone.

Fortunately, 95% or more of how well you shoot is directly related to your skill with a pistol / how much you practice. While it's nice to have a gun that 'feels good' in your hand, ultimately it has little to do with whether you hit the target or not.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Glocks don't really "fit" anyone.

Fortunately, 95% or more of how well you shoot is directly related to your skill with a pistol / how much you practice. While it's nice to have a gun that 'feels good' in your hand, ultimately it has little to do with whether you hit the target or not.

Not always the case... I look for what's comfortable and what aims naturally. Why work extra hard trying to fix your aim on a gun that you can't naturally point?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Flocks pinches me too and I think they are ugly I admit they started the polymeric move but the feel like a 2@4 in my hand that's why I'm sn m&p guy I put my money where my mouth is I've owned several brands and models before I got on whichever bandwagon I'm preaching from at the time

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I owned a Glock 23 for 10 years. Tried grip sleeves, Hand-alls. sanding down the grip, all to no avail. It never did fit my hand, the way a Kahr, Beretta, or S&W do. Even a CZ82 fits my hand better than a Glock. I agree that the Glock was a reliable and accurate pistol. But after 10 years of trying to make it fit, I finally sold it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a friend who swears by his glock. He wont even consider any other pistol, to him they are the most comfortable, reliable, and accurate pistols out there. As for me, Im with the rest of you. Ive owned 2 Glocks a 23 and a gen4 22 and sold them both bc they just didnt feel good. Both were totally reliable and accurate enough for a carry pistol, just not for me.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    At the risk of opening a large can of worms,I'm gonna ask this question....am I the only person on the planet that a Glock doesn't fit? I like Glocks,have since they were introduced some 25 yrs ago,and have been constantly impressed by their rep for reliability..are they "pretty" guns not really,but they absolutely work,and work well......but after handling(coonfingering, I like this term:D) many,and shooting several in different sizes and calibers,I just can't seem to find one that feels right in my hands,and on the smaller models,the bottom of the trigger pinches my finger on recoil(the .40S&W more than any other)............I'm a fairly average sized kinda guy...about 5'10" and 200lbs,with long skinny fingers,so I would think I wouldn't have an issue with Glocks, but they just don't seem to fit me....so again,am I the only one?

I love my Glocks, but I know they aren't for everyone. I am sure there are guns you like that others don't. I have never liked H&K"s, but others swear by them.

Top Bottom