• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I ordered a new drain stopper from them. It's a prime product. Guaranteed free two-delivery on Sunday, June 1. I have to say I'm impressed. Probably going to be one of their little Scion delivery vehicles from the local warehouse.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    More likely a USPS truck. They have a special contract with Amazon to deliver on Sunday. We have Prime and it took us a couple times to figure out why we were seeing the mail truck running on sundays and the only thing we would get was amazon stuff.

A quick google and it confirmed it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've recieved an amazon prime purchase in as little as 8 hours once, but not on Sunday. I also live about a mike from one of their fulfillment centers. Mine came DHL if it matters.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good to see Amazon keeping the USPS alive. Maybe this will encourage the real delivery services to follow suit? FedEx already does Saturdays.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, I've ordered a couple of things for same day delivery. Very nice and definitely shows the worth of a Prlme membership (happened to be a new power supply for a computer that was down). Great service! I've also had Sunday delivery, though I don't recall who delivered it...

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Indy has 3 Amazon fulfillment centers and there is 1 near Lebanon, almost 4 million square feet total. Yet everything I have ordered has come from somewhere else. Don't know if I'm just ordering stuff that isn't stocked locally or what. But I can usually count on next day, 2 days at most.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I've found here lately that same day shipping is a couple of dollars more then the standard shipping. While next day and 2 day are 10-20 bucks higher.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just used the same day delivery on Tuesday. Ordered the product in the morning and it was at my door step that evening.

Anymore if I can find it on Amazon I'm buying it through them. The less I have to leave my house and deal with the crazies the better.

Robert8252

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I received a package on Easter Sunday. I saw the expected delivery date but didn't believe it until USPS knocked on my door. I just hope they pay the delivery people good. A $30 package I don't care about causes someone to work on Sunday.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I received a package on Easter Sunday. I saw the expected delivery date but didn't believe it until USPS knocked on my door. I just hope they pay the delivery people good. A $30 package I don't care about causes someone to work on Sunday.

USPS is trying to compete more for parcel delivery. They are doing this because they have gone in the Red for several years now. I think expanding to Sunday Delivery will prove to be a huge kicker for them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I was surprised by the "same day delivery" option recently. Ordered something in the morning, it arrived by evening. Pretty awesome. Very inexpensive.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Amazon is awesome. Then again, there is that silly voluntary tax collection thing even though they have no storefronts in the state. :xmad:

Top Bottom