• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    the wife and I went to the Evansville gun show last sat. I saw a nice derringer from American derringer corp. I am wondering if anyone knows anything of this company? they are made in Waco tx. they seemed to be well built. they were around $325-350. on their web site, they were listed for around $650. we also saw some derringers made by Cobra, they were a little cheaper looking, as well as priced. $145. I didn't like those though. I am wondering if I should have gotten one of the others, as I have been wanting one for a while. does anyone have any good, or bad opinions of these? thanks.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have owned a few cobra derringers. Nothing to get excited about, the .38 Special is NON +P rated, and still kicks like a mule. Wasnt very accurate either, but would hold minute of bad guy at 3 yards. The .22 (LR/Mag) isnt any better, except that it doesnt kick very much, but it is somewhat iffy about igniting the primer on just about any load you put in it, LR or Mag. Bond derringers are MUCH nicer, but you will pay a premium for them, and they are not nearly as small.

I have only seen a few American derringers, and they seem to be middle of the road. Not bad, but not great.

Any way you want to hash it, a derringer is more of a novelty than a practical gun for just about any situation you might find yourself in. Though I will admit, I do think they are neat.

Top Bottom