• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I like Pat. He's seems a bit too optimistic though considering the history of other free countries.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Obama has sold more guns in this country than any other single person. I do hope the panic buying slows down and the prices come back down. I was fortunate enough to buy a "black rifle" before the election in fear of something like this. Got a great deal compared to the current prices.

MooreALX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hartford City
    Buchanan needs to learn to research before writing. AN AR-15 WAS NOT USED IN THE SANDY HOOK SCHOOL TRAGEDY!!! IT WAS LEFT IN GANZAS TRUNK!!!

I think even more recent information was stating it wasn't even an AR15, and that it was actually a shotgun that was left in the trunk.

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Buchanan needs to learn to research before writing. AN AR-15 WAS NOT USED IN THE SANDY HOOK SCHOOL TRAGEDY!!! IT WAS LEFT IN GANZAS TRUNK!!!

Not trying to cause trouble but the coroner said all the children were shot with .223 rifle rounds. So?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'd also like to know how a coroner in a smallish town in CT knows the difference between the wounds a .223 and a 9mm would make... no disrespect intended to the ME, but.... how many gunshots does he/she deal with, let alone how many rifle wounds :dunno:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Does anyone have a link to the official police report for this crime? I haven't been able to find it. Maybe my Google-fu is weak due to the cold...

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I'd also like to know how a coroner in a smallish town in CT knows the difference between the wounds a .223 and a 9mm would make... no disrespect intended to the ME, but.... how many gunshots does he/she deal with, let alone how many rifle wounds :dunno:

Medical school or residency? Past experience?

Googled it?

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Here is the latest news report about the Newtown shooting.

Looks like the did use an AR-15 and reloaded multiple times.

Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza wore earplugs, rapidly changed clips, shot up cars in parking lot: report - NY Daily News

The interesting thing about that was...

“Separately, evidence shows Lanza reloaded his weapon BEFORE the magazines were spent, leading to questions about whether he was influenced by the first-person shooter games he spent hours playing”.

“He fired about 150 rounds in all during the classroom-to-classroom spree and rapidly changed clips, * sometimes after firing only half of the magazine's rounds”.

He really didn't need 30 round magazines did he?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Wow, I started reading this thread because I thought it pertained to Pat Buchanan and an upcoming civil war. Had I known it was about what firearm the shooter used in Newtown CT I wouldn't have opened it.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So... he reloaded excessively bc of First Person Shooter video games? That seems like a positive influence from video games because it conditioned him to waste time reloading.

Also, if he did all of this carnage without fully utilizing the standard capacity mags, I would say that that hurts the case for banning so called "high capacity mags."

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Wow, I started reading this thread because I thought it pertained to Pat Buchanan and an upcoming civil war. Had I known it was about what firearm the shooter used in Newtown CT I wouldn't have opened it.

Sorry you wasted your time??? :dunno:

Also, if he did all of this carnage without fully utilizing the standard capacity mags, I would say that that hurts the case for banning so called "high capacity mags."

This was my though as well....

Top Bottom