• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Looking for some of the big ammo cans, bigger than the standard which holds about 8 bricks of 22's which is what I consider the most common. I don't know the official caliber designations but ones I have seen will hold about 3-4 cases of 9mm depending on how packaged. I also would be interested in the tall ones which I think might be called 120mm mortar (???). Looking for ones in pretty good shape and fair prices, prefer to find ones that are not just being stored outside in the weather.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    If you're refering to the N463 ammo can, Parabellum in Avon has them. I can't remember the exact price but they were cheaper than the Army Navy surplus store on Arlington and 21st. If you want anything larger than the N463, the surplus store is the only place I can think of.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Looking for some of the big ammo cans, bigger than the standard which holds about 8 bricks of 22's which is what I consider the most common. I don't know the official caliber designations but ones I have seen will hold about 3-4 cases of 9mm depending on how packaged. I also would be interested in the tall ones which I think might be called 120mm mortar (???). Looking for ones in pretty good shape and fair prices, prefer to find ones that are not just being stored outside in the weather.

Don't know your situation but I purchased a couple of the large ones several years ago, think they were the mortar ammo cans. They weigh about 20 lb EMPTY, we filled one completely full with 38 Spl and 357 reloads in the plastic boxes. It is so heavy I can't move it on my own any more (I'm 78 YO), sure its well over 100 lb. Even my son who is quite strong hates to move that can. We have a LOT of ammo stored in the 50 cal cans and they really don't take up much more room. I wouldn't use one of the large ones again even if it was free!

Top Bottom